• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 RMK 800 No Headlights, Taillights, Hand warmers, etc..

J
Oct 6, 2018
Just picked up a 800 Axys at haydays and took it on its first trip this last weekend. Everything was fine until I unloaded the sled from the trailer and thats when I noticed the headlights, taillight, hand warmers, etc did not work all of the sudden. I picked up a new voltage regulator today, and once installed, it made no difference. I have checked the 3 relays on the sled which all are verified to be OK, I've checked over every wire I can get to on the sled to make sure none are broken or chaffed. I also found a few wiring diagrams online for these sleds but haven't really been able to figure anything useful out. Does anybody know what the issue could be? I'm no rookie to electrical gremlins but this one has me stumped.

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
Did you check the switches on the gas tank? If I'm remembering corectly the plugs are all taped together. If one comes unplugged they all come unplugged

J
Oct 6, 2018
Did you check the switches on the gas tank? If I'm remembering corectly the plugs are all taped together. If one comes unplugged they all come unplugged

I just checked the switches and the low/high beam selector switch was unplugged.. Plugged it back in and everything worked again! Thanks a million!! Never did I think to even check the switches.

Tewstroke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
Yakima,WA

When we have that tank shroud off, we’ve started putting a dab of silicone adhesive where the switches meet the plastic. You must let it set up before reassembly.
It keeps them from popping off and getting disoriented when you work on the sled. It is especially annoying in the mountains when your hands are cold anyway!

Tewstroke

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
When we have that tank shroud off, we’ve started putting a dab of silicone adhesive where the switches meet the plastic. You must let it set up before reassembly.
It keeps them from popping off and getting disoriented when you work on the sled. It is especially annoying in the mountains when your hands are cold anyway!

Tewstroke
Are you putting the silicone on the switches or the terminal blocks that plug into the switches?
Mine seem to be developing a habit of working loose lately.

Tewstroke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
Yakima,WA
Are you putting the silicone on the switches or the terminal blocks that plug into the switches?
Just alongside where the plugs meet the underside of the plastic shroud. NOT in the plug. It just keeps them from pulling/falling out .

Tewstroke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
Yakima,WA
We put it alongside the terminal block where they meet the plastic at 90 degrees.

F
Feb 18, 2020
I’m having the same problem no handwarmers thumb warmers headlight taillight not working checked all the relays and connections nothing seems to help

Premium Features