• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

155 3' Kaos to 174

Sep 12, 2010
Please tell me I am not the first to consider it.

I am hoping with some snow flap surgery it will all fit. I hear that the 2020 850 Kaos with a 163 and an RMK rear track spring was really nice...

So more is better, right?

I ride primarily trees in central Washington. I have 2 short winters on an axys 163 and I want more track.

What have you tried? Tell me I am nuts, but tell me why!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Not gonna say nuts because there's always a "first"......LOL

Pretty interesting for sure!!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
IMO your going to have so little khaos feel not worth trying to make a khaos that long. Embrace the focused nature of the RMK and get a long sled.

Khaos and 174 are a bit contradictory to me... Its not that it might not be a fun sled i just feel like the time/cost to build one wouldnt be worth the marginal change in feel vs a 174 rmk.

klarkkentster

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
If you go with fox shocks - ice ages limit strap has a third hole for even longer then the stock Khaos strap. Fox shocks allow for that. I have Z bro’s and check if they allow it when I put the rails on hopefully this week. I did see in another post where a guy already did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2010
I recently stretched out to a 174 on my 19 and believe it was a great decision. I mainly tree ride and have found some positives and negative. First off I have a kmod skid which is amazing for the the adjustability, I have found the 174 will push a bit more in the down hill decent through the trees, (I think with a little tuning it may be minimized) which is the only problem I have found. For the positive I would say I can side hill in much steeper terrain, with the kmod as of right now my skis are 2-3feet off the snow which makes it quite nimble on her feet and have more traction than the 163 which can be more forgiving, with a quick adjustment of the coupling block the skis will be planted. Snow was close to a foot of fresh on a good base. I would say with the kmod skid + 174 makes for a very fun package.

Sep 12, 2010
20210129_161014.jpg

Here she is.

We finally got into some deeeeeeep light snow and it was everything I hoped for.

2021 Khaos 155
BM bumper
Tiny snow flap
Ice age Khaos profile rails.
174x3.2 track

I plan to cut holes in the flap so it flexes out of the way when trenching.

I like the way snow bikes dig until you stop them, and i think this machine may come close.

St. Hellens rider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2008
washington
I have a 174 with a mtntk turbo on it. Definitely planted to the ground. I think stretching your 155 khaos to 174 would make it more playful. To what degree I couldn’t tell you. You have 10 more inches of track planted on the ground.

Sep 12, 2010
Found some inverted snow. I still don't know how deep she will go if I leave it pinned and wiggle.

Edit to add: I am standing in the trench in this photo, ~10 feet below where I stopped.

Attachments

• 20210217_133102.jpg
    20210217_133102.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 37
Premium Features