• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8

A
Feb 3, 2018
Hey everyone,
Its time to rebuild my 09 M8 I know that I can use 800 HO cylinders, head and pistons but what other mods to the motor would you do? Is an aftermarket head worth it, if so what brand. I'm looking for more power Thanks!

kakscat

Lifetime Membership
Aug 21, 2008
Great Falls
Hey everyone,
Its time to rebuild my 09 M8 I know that I can use 800 HO cylinders, head and pistons but what other mods to the motor would you do? Is an aftermarket head worth it, if so what brand. I'm looking for more power Thanks!
I put an RKTek head on and didn't really notice anything on the top end, However the bottom and mid-range really made a difference. Would do it again.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
Kelsey's porting along with his head is definitely great gain, 2010 top end is good too. Buddy has a set of 10 800ho cylinders linderman ported for sale if your interested.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Best mod is the SLP single pipe, with their intake, on that year. Very simple clutching changes too...just a secondary spring change. You will notice more power everywhere, you can use the stock fuel map and you will get better mileage.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I second the slp pipe kit.
The bottom end bog is a bit worse but the gains on top end are huge.

Sent it

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I second the slp pipe kit.
The bottom end bog is a bit worse but the gains on top end are huge.

We never had a bog...actually runs perfect across the entire range in all conditions and hits hard off the bottom. I also was wrong on the secondary spring...that was left stock. The only thing I did was change the primary spring to one with a bit more preload (starting rate) with the same finishing rate. Same weights. You end up pulling 200-300 more RPMs with the added power and the stock weights are great for that. Honestly the best sled mod I've even done. Literally bolted everything on and never touched it again...has been 6+ years now. Never touched it. Belts last forever. Runs perfect everyday.

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
If you do the HO top end, I’d throw Jaws twins on it with Boondocker box that Linderman sets up. I had some minor tweaking in the map with that setup but he was really close for my area. The sled is a beast with those twins though no question. Ended up putting around 5500 kms on it, only issues for me was making sure I kept heat off wires and plastic.

Premium Features