• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M1000 ???

J
Dec 1, 2007
Lake Roosevelt Wa.
Mine ran like crap again this year, cutting out on the top end and acting like rubbed wires again. It has been at Hinson's power sports in McCall for a month. Different stator and trigger system, new injectors, smart valves in the tank, throttle positioning sensor and now they tell me it is stripped down ready for a complete new wiring harness. I have all the confidence in the world that these guys will get it figured out. If I hear anything in the next couple days I will let you know.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Once mine gets hot enough it just flat won't run past 4000 r's. Something is telling the ECU to retard the ignition cause its still getting fuel (black plugs) but it must be cutting the spark. I was able to make it run by packing snow on the voltage regulator but I was still getting weird problems like my oil light flashed once, and then my boondocker box said I had an injector error. I didn't have any problems until I took it to the dealer to be reflashed, do you the reflash could have some how screwed things up.

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
I put in forum last year where local dealer had three of these in with the same problem at the same time. The wiring harness that runs under the gas tank had rubbed through due to the duct tape they use in the factory to keep wires in place was positioned wrong. The tank has a grove for the wires to run under it and if they get out of grove the tank wears through them and they will begin to short out. After replacing every part imaginable mechanic got pissed and started to strip sled down to the frame. He found the bad wires under the tank. The sleds really ran terrible at high RPM or under heavy load.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The ecu runs the sled rich until its warm then changes the mapping to regular riding, not having a battery the voltage on these things is very temperamental. such as if you hook up egts to your brake light wire it wont send enough power to the servo motor to open the power valves. When did it start doing it (could there be a cause or did it run on day and not the next. give me a call

Saddle sore

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Colbert WA
A friend of mine had all the same problems on his 07 M1000. Spent hundreds trying to fix it. In the end it ended up being a $70 sensor by the stater. I'd look there.

Premium Features