• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M vs 08 M series ride?

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I ride a 07 700 dragon now and a friend of mine has a 07 M8 I like the way his sled handles in the pow but it sucks on the trail. I'm looking at a 08 or 09 M1000 and my ? is has anybody rode an 08 next to a 07 M series, and does the new suspension ride better on the trail?
I know these are Mtn sleds but you have to ride a certain amount of trail to get to the good stuff. I like his M8 better in the pow but the rear susp. just beats the crap out of me on a bumpy trail did the changes on the 08 help?

Thanks

B

Beavis

Dec 16, 2007
Utah
The rear skid is better on the '08 but in my opinion still doesn't ride like the IQ in the bumps.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Has anybody rode a 08 next to a 07?

Last edited:

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
07/08

I Put The 06 Fox Float Setup In My 07 M8. New Set Up Works Better In Vicous Bumps.....sled Comes Out Of Big Woops At High Speed Straighter.

Generaly Riding, Back End Is Much Quieter. Soft Feel To Anything You Encounter . Same Difference When You Convert To Floats In The Front.

Downside Is Fox Floats Always Seem A Little Mushy, Cause That's What They Are Designed To Feel Like. Sort Of Dead, Nothing Springing Back.

Really Noticable One Afternoon Riding Out Of High Country And Swapping With Couple Of New Lightweight Xp,s. Different Sleds, But Short Of Rebound Dampening, Their Sleds Very Lively.......but Tiring........must Really Pay Attention. All Three Of Us Noticed Same Thing, Float Sled To Some Degree Bumps And Especially Modest Size One's.... Unimportant. Sled With All Springs......please Pay Attention. One Of Those Xp's Now Has Floats.......i Haven't Ridden It Since, But Owner Claims Way Better For Fast Riding Comfort.

Premium Features