• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 kingcat efi - bog off idle

M

matt-c-84

Feb 9, 2009
Bennington
05 kingcat efi - please help- bog off idle

I just bought an 05 kingcat efi here in NE and it runs really great down here. This weekend we went out to Centennial WY and it had a bad bog off idle. The clutch is setup for the altitude, the bog was before the clutch. Off idle I had to hold it wide open, it would idle down a bit then take off. Ran great on the top side. Tiny hesitation at 5000 and no hesitation at 6000. I have checked the APV's cleanded and adjusted, the fuel pressure is at 50 psi and the sled is bone stock. It ran better the second day but still not right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Did it do it all the time? My EFI will do it right after I start it. They run a rich cycle for 2 minutes after start up, even if they are hot. Every time you start it it runs rich for 2 minutes. If i was riding along just bearly an gas then hit it, it would bog for half a second (just long enough to get off balance) then take off.

M

matt-c-84

Feb 9, 2009
Bennington
Ya it did seem to run worse right after start up. It never really went away completely though. I went over the bars about ten times the first day and hit the kill switch prob four times. I dont know if its electrical because the second day was alot better than the first.

M

matt-c-84

Feb 9, 2009
Bennington
ya it ran real good on the top side. what points you to the temp sensor? I just rechecked the fuel pressure and it basicly sitting at 26psi then bouncing up to 42. I didnt know if this was normal or if the pump is getting weak

Last edited:
Premium Features