• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 Ski doo 800 won't rev over 4500???

T
Jan 20, 2011
Cle Elum, Wa
I just bought this sled from a guy for super cheap. It starts and holds an idle, but I can't get it to rev over 4500 rpm's. I've worked on a lot of polaris rmk's but this is my first ski doo. Any ideas on what may be the problem? The guy I got it from said he thought it spun a bearing on the crank, but I'm not so sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T
Jan 20, 2011
Cle Elum, Wa
thanks! I actually just found that out on accident. The guy I bought it from for super cheap thought he had a bad motor.... just messed with the tether and now it runs fine. Lucky me, right

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
thanks! I actually just found that out on accident. The guy I bought it from for super cheap thought he had a bad motor.... just messed with the tether and now it runs fine. Lucky me, right

Happened to me when the Summit Revs first came out. Was at the Snowest cabin getting ready for a ride(The VE I was going to ride had a bad stator) and one of the mag guys was going to ride the Rev, but couldn't get it to run properly.....they left it......so instead of riding the old MC800 like I was going to......I fawked with the Rev for a minute and voila! Rode the crap outta that sled for a few days and never had it hiccup on me. Wish I knew who it was that gave up on it that day......never did get to thank him.

Premium Features