• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'02 summit 800 belt issues

L
Mar 22, 2009
Valemount, BC
Hi,

I smoked a bombardier belt and bought a new carlisle belt - Ultimax XS806 143-3206-17. I installed it properly, when i start it up it squeals, like really loud and it wont idle. I was told to adjust the belt deflection on the secondary clutch, does anyone know how to do that, and how much do i adjust for this belt?
thanks
linden

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Loosen the 3 holdown bolts on that tapered stepdown ring on the outside of your secondary, and rotate it so the taper is steeper (up in # I believe), that opens the secondary and allows the belt to drop down in it a little, effectively making your belt longer. About 1.5" deflection when you push down in the middle of the belt. Doo has a little scale that you push down to so many #'s and measure the amount of deflection with a straightline. I've always just eyeballed mine.

I use the Carlisle Ultimax 3 belt, is a little harder, seems to last longer than the doo belts, on the top cog belts, you've usually got the top cog riding above the edge of the sheaves.

L
Mar 22, 2009
Valemount, BC
ok thanks i did that and it works perfect! It idles, does not crawl and doen't squeal. So if anyone wanted to know, with the 02 summit 800 with stock clutching it should be set around 1 (you can chose from 1-6). Thats for the Carlisle Ultimax XS806 143-3206-17

Premium Features