• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick Stud ????

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
I'm going to install the stud's that came with my bike. I have 56 shorties and 56 big one's for the tall stud... My ? is how many row's of stud's are there..?
8a2f_1.JPG

will this pattern work with the amount off stud's I have 112

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
I have the same setup as the picture in mine and can say the only ones with wear are the center lugs,it seems the outsides never get the abuse at the center ones do,with 4per bar on half and 6 on the other half you would need 240,your short.I'd stud the center tall lugs with one stud per bar,alternating sides as you work around,then Id move to the intermediate lugs that have the first curved profile,staggering them opposite of the center bars,something similar to this...OR,just anty up and get the rest of the needed ones along with the template

These definetly help with keeping the track under the machine thru the trails,however it does stiffen the lugs up considerably(lil too stiff for deep POW)but they do work-

shortstudding.JPG

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
1 more ?

Thank's Blazin 1 more for ya, did you pre drill the lug's for straightness or just bonzi drill, I'm afraid if I just drill-em they might peak out the side's of the lug. (mis-drill) that could be bad for the lug. Let me know thanks, Tom

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
Yep,I did predrill come to think of it,been a few years now but I recall using an 1/8 bit and getting a pilot hole for the screws to get started in,then an air ratchet,just so the base hits,it is possible to overtighten and twist the rubber lugs,you''ll find the right amount of torque once started.

Premium Features