Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Skirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leak down test 600

Working on a 15 600 Indy sp thatís blown up. Trying to figure out what caused it to burn down. Exhaust and reed boots are capped and I lose air faster than I can put it in. Is there anywhere other place I could be losing air? Canít be a pulse line with injectors. I havenít pulled the engine yet hoping the case isnít cracked

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-08-2018, 07:23 PM
volcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond repute

Does it still have water in it? Forcing air into it with a leaky head seal would pressurize the coolant system.

I'm guessing a ring is allowing the blow by. I had a broken ring on mine and it ended up eating the transfer port.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:57 AM
Basic Member
Skirby is an unknown quantity at this point

It still has the water in so I should be able to build pressure with the cap on the reservoir or at least get bubbles in the water. Ring leaks donít matter since you pressurize the whole engine cavity. I can hear air leak out and canít pin point it with the engine in the sled still. I was hoping I missed a line or something and thatís where the air is going

Old 04-13-2018, 09:37 PM
Currently: Internet Rmkpro 800apprentiship
Basic Member
peaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond reputepeaceofwork has a reputation beyond repute

Have you sealed off the power valves with sealed block off plates ? After the intake boots and exhaust are covered warm soapy water should pin point any leak fast.