Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Sleds 2004.5-200, all models in the REV chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Aksnowman89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to use reverse without battery in electric start model

I have a 2007 800r PTEK summit x and I would really like to get my reverse to work. The person I bought it from had removed the battery and starter. I was wondering if there was a way to get the reverse to work on this sled without all of that. Any help is appreciated.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-21-2018, 02:37 PM
Currently: Riding Atv's till the snow comes back
cubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need electric power to run the reverse. Just start the sled and let it warm up and hit the button, should work no problem even without electric start.
2015 Polaris 1000xp
2016 Polaris 170 RZR

Hold it pinned till you feel bad

Old 03-22-2018, 10:53 AM
Currently: one ski dreams
Basic Member
NEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond repute

You need a new wire harness from a non e start sled. Not the entire harness but just a section. I dont know why the battery is wired into the harness but if I dont have a battery in mine it causes all sorts of havoc.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:34 PM
Currently: New sled and ready to roll!
Ox has disabled reputation

Is this fuel infected or does it have a cardboard meter?

Directed at both post 1 and 3.

Ask me about aftermarket Doo recoils.

Life Insurance
Death Insurance

Old 03-26-2018, 08:29 AM
Basic Member
NEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond repute

Not injected.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:59 PM
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby View Post
You don't need electric power to run the reverse. Just start the sled and let it warm up and hit the button, should work no problem even without electric start.
X2 what cubby said. You don’t need the battery for reverse, or change your wire harness. All the battery does is start the machine.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:00 AM
Basic Member

I highly disagree. The rev needs the battery to function. Remove it and odd things start happening. Replace the wire harness with a non e start and you are good to go.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:35 PM
rheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond reputerheinss10 has a reputation beyond repute

You need the relay harnessthat goes between the main wiring harness and the cube relay located on the section of the pyramid frame directly above the secondary clutch. Doo had a relay harness for e-start models and one for sleds that didn't have e-start.

Also if reverse isn't working try changing the relay. If previous owner removed e-start and didn't change relay harness the sled would not run w/o battery. Most likely your reverse not working is due to a bad relay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180409-143438_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	295302  

Last edited by rheinss10; 04-09-2018 at 01:39 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to rheinss10 For This Useful Post:
cubby (04-10-2018)