For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Currently: Not set.
BradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skidoo Xm 800 ETEC Alignment Procedure

Hey guys wondering if anyone has the skidoo procedure for aligning the clutches on my 2016 800 154 T3. Im averaging 300km per belt with religiously cleaning them every weekend and letting them cool when riding in the deep days. I have tried taking it to 2 local dealers. Both are not acknowledging that there is adjustment that can be made one these sleds and they are what they are. I have found info on Dootalk about aligning an 08-09 xp chassis and have seen the skidoo alignment tool when searching but I get a glazed over look when I explain it is essentially the same chassis. Right now my primary looks crocked to my secondary clutch almost 3/8". The tech said the only way that it can be crocked is if my crank is bent (face palm). Any help would be appreciated.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Premium Member
Thanked 2,917 Times in 1,600 Posts
winter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond repute

There are "x-y-z" measurements taken from a 3/8" straight bar between the secondary sheaves...measurements are in the shop manual, I don't recall them but a search on here will bring them up.
The primary/engine is actually supposed to be clocked slightly clockwise (looking down) so it is aligned under load.
The biggest factor by far for belt life is calibration. Alignment plays a role, but has to be drastically off to cause short belt life.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:14 AM
BradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond reputeBradM8 has a reputation beyond repute

I have searched and found xyz specs for the XP but nothing for the XM. I have yet to find anything for an ETEC XP either. I can manage doing this myself as I've done in the past with my other sleds but I would like this done on warranty and possibly get some blown belts replaced.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Currently: Slednuck
Basic Member
bnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond reputebnorth has a reputation beyond repute

Is your chassis tweaked?

Old 01-05-2018, 06:29 PM

Sled is not tweaked. I ended up aligning using spec s and procedure used for the XP's. Really wish the dealers would do what they are suppose to instead of having to do things yourself when the sled is on warrenty. The motor mounts and torque stop bracket are slotted so you can reposition the motor but not too much.

Old 01-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Currently: Dooin the Snowdance
Bendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond reputeBendy has a reputation beyond repute

My Brother had an 08 XP belt eating monster. He was working for Polaris at the time and came to realize the specs were not correct from Bombi. He also mentioned one one the engine mounts was not slotted to adjust the engine. Three of the four were. He slotted the mount, adjusted the clutch alignment to the REV spec and it was golden after that. I think he did about two dozen XP’s at the Polaris dealer when the Doo dealer couldn’t fix the belt issues. LMAO!