Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: 2-stroke Includes all Yamaha 2-strokes, Viper, Mountain Max, etc

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
clutchman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Install Electric Start on Phazer II

So I could use your opinion. How difficult is it so install electric start system on a non electric start phazer II 1992. I have a donor machine 1985 phazer so I would think it is pretty much plug and play with exception of ring gear on flywheel and installing starter.

What has been your experience? Any advice? It is for my daughter's starter sled.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by clutchman; 11-06-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Currently: Not set.
Givemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not familiar with the phazer but have done a couple of 700 mountaln maxes. I would think that they would be about the same.You'll need to pull the exhaust to mount the starter and a clutch puller to get the clutches off to switch the ring gear. Make sure to loctite the bolts on the ring gear. The ignition switch should have a start position built into it. I put electric start on a 01mm off my 97 that I sold and it works great.

Ken..........

Old 01-04-2018, 07:15 PM
Currently: Tinker till I die
tinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond reputetinkerjohnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default E start install

I did it on my 1991 and I had to replace the complete harness from the battery to up in behind the headlight. Plugs are different and key switch aswell.