For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Currently: <<In-House PolarisTechnician not as involved in the shop
Thanked 1,482 Times in 866 Posts
diamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRS Clutching [ PART FOUR ]

Quote:
MH NOTE: Continued from [PART THREE]
https://www.snowest.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Crusher View Post
Diamond Dave-
I sure had to -I was @.020and the sled would creep with the lighting weights in
Didn't matter if it was a poo belt or the gates"C"
But now at .030 the is the better and can adjust the deflection- before didn't matter the primary was always on the belt

FYI: The 150/290 doesn't work as well as the 140/300 here in the nose bleed section of 9500'and up.
Lost some RPM and changed the secondary 200 to the 220 -not as strong as the past setup
Sled seems to like the 300 primary with the 200 in the secondary.
Been a fun year with the aid of Tony and Tory-
The higher elevation was getting tough to get it just perfect
I am running 2.6 -163 with a TKI system . The main difference I had was, I am running the 8's drivers off the 14/15 pro - so a bit more involved - but well worth the effort.

Interesting...so with proper deflection, you were getting sled creep with 0.020" belt to sheave clearance? Even with proper deflection? You had to add 0.010" shim? Wow. Were you at 0.020" prior to changing weights?

So I noticed with lightening weights, I have about 0.015" additional belt to sheave clearance than with Team Rooster's. My SLP tool seems a tad wider than a new belt.

It's just the first time I have seen where I could remove the shim(s) all-together and still have 0.018" belt to sheave clearance. I might try to find a 0.010" shim and run it at 0.028" just to be safe. I'm afraid with belt heat, the belt will swell and be too tight. Which is what sounds like happened to Sage.

Last edited by mountainhorse; 04-06-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Currently: boooasting
xpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond reputexpspenziv has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember right I took 2 shims out to get the .025-.030 clearance for the belt to sheave. I left enough to where if I didn't like them I could put Indy Dans in and it would be a little tight but functional for the day on the hill. When the belt deflection is right after running for a bit and the belt gets hot it will squeal a little.

Last edited by xpspenziv; 04-04-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Currently: Not set.
JJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say this is an incredibly awesome/robust discussion. Wish there was a place just for stuff like this these days. It leads to progress, even if that progress is "this didn't work".

Thanks to all who have taken the plunge...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JJ_0909 For This Useful Post:
aksledjunkie (04-06-2017), LongHorn XC (04-06-2017), xpspenziv (04-07-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Currently: easing into Winter......
Sage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
Interesting...so with proper deflection, you were getting sled creep with 0.020" belt to sheave clearance? Even with proper deflection? You had to add 0.010" shim? Wow. Were you at 0.020" prior to changing weights?

So I noticed with lightening weights, I have about 0.015" additional belt to sheave clearance than with Team Rooster's. My SLP tool seems a tad wider than a new belt.

It's just the first time I have seen where I could remove the shim(s) all-together and still have 0.018" belt to sheave clearance. I might try to find a 0.010" shim and run it at 0.028" just to be safe. I'm afraid with belt heat, the belt will swell and be too tight. Which is what sounds like happened to Sage.
Yepper- but when you play with it and get it "just" right- it's worth the time and effort..for the buttery smooth engagement. .030 is the fine line
TKI.
F-N-I.
K-Mod.
2016 Axys LTD 163 W/Silber Turbo/K-Mod Gen III/TKI

Last edited by Sage Crusher; 04-22-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:02 AM
Currently: gettin ready to ride!
Norway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond repute
Default N/A??

So did we get the N/A part of this branched off somewhere or not? Does not look like it.

See the weights are getting hard to come by and wondering what the next best thing is? Could it be us NA guys can run something different with good results?

On topic about torque arms, how solid can such a link be? When on full load, is there much flex left with the types offered? Or are they stretched so hard by the turbo power that in reality you cold have a chain there in stead? Wondering if you could use a link that has some slack, letting the stock rubbers take the vibration. And then, under load, the engine twist until parallel and stop against the torque arm.

Yes? No?

RS

http://revver.com/video/310519/a-dozen-more-turns/

Old 04-24-2017, 01:13 AM
Currently: Braaaaap
Davajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond repute

So how does people like the indy speciality turbo clutch kit compared to TRS kit?

Just bought a IS kit for my mtntk turbo machine so its going to be nice to see how it performs.

Anyone who runs this kit and have done any modifications to it? Other springs or?

It consists of 120-310 primary spring, 140-200 secondary spring, their 2x mountain helix (low/high elevation) and their own weights that has some tuck under and alot of adjustability.

Do these weights need to be shimmed in or can it be run with oem primary?

Would be nice to hear your thoughts about this kit.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Currently: Loving my Silber Turbo!
AKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davajn View Post
So how does people like the indy speciality turbo clutch kit compared to TRS kit?

Just bought a IS kit for my mtntk turbo machine so its going to be nice to see how it performs.

Anyone who runs this kit and have done any modifications to it? Other springs or?

It consists of 120-310 primary spring, 140-200 secondary spring, their 2x mountain helix (low/high elevation) and their own weights that has some tuck under and alot of adjustability.

Do these weights need to be shimmed in or can it be run with oem primary?

Would be nice to hear your thoughts about this kit.
We are loving it here at 200' to 5000'!

IMO you will want a 155/222 with the Mountain 2 Helix. But you can the 140/200 a try.

The 120/310 (125/310) Primary seams to be perfect. We have tried many others and always go back to that range.

You will most likely need to pull a shim out or so. You will want to make sure it is shimmed properly.

What weights do you have? Turbo 3?
And what elevation and boost are you running?

The Following User Says Thank You to AKFULLTHROTTLE For This Useful Post:
Norway (04-25-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 11:49 PM
Davajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond reputeDavajn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKFULLTHROTTLE View Post
We are loving it here at 200' to 5000'!

IMO you will want a 155/222 with the Mountain 2 Helix. But you can the 140/200 a try.

You will most likely need to pull a shim out or so. You will want to make sure it is shimmed properly.

What weights do you have? Turbo 3?
And what elevation and boost are you running?
Okey. Whats the difference between the low/high elevation on the helix?

What is the correct clearence for these weights? Didnt get any instructions.

NO clue what version of weights it is. But its a brand new kit so probably the latest revision!

My normal riding is between 15-2500 feet. But now during springtime its alot of mountain riding so then its 2500-5000 feet.

Mtntk turbokit, 7-10psi.
Tki beltdrive 2.25 gearing (63/28) & 8T 2.86 avid no-slip drivers combod with a Talon M66 track. (No idea of final drive ratio with the 8T 2.86 driver)

Last edited by Davajn; 04-25-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:35 AM
AKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond reputeAKFULLTHROTTLE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davajn View Post
Okey. Whats the difference between the low/high elevation on the helix?
Do you have two cuts on the helix?

Old 04-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Old 04-25-2017, 09:56 AM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 04-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Currently: Payin' the dough to play in the snow
aksledjunkie has disabled reputation

Click Here to Register

Old 04-25-2017, 06:07 PM
Currently: Waiting for winter
Thanked 2,062 Times in 754 Posts
TRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRS For This Useful Post:
aksledjunkie (04-25-2017), Sage Crusher (04-28-2017), tdbaugha (04-26-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Currently: Payin' the dough to play in the snow
aksledjunkie has disabled reputation

Click Here to Register

Old 04-25-2017, 06:39 PM
TRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond reputeTRS has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TRS For This Useful Post:
aksledjunkie (04-25-2017), Norway (04-29-2017), Sage Crusher (04-28-2017), tdbaugha (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 06:58 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davajn For This Useful Post:
AKFULLTHROTTLE (04-26-2017), aksledjunkie (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 02:02 PM
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Currently: Moved Into Maximum Security Cell
Spaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spaarky For This Useful Post:
knocksum (04-27-2017), Norway (04-27-2017), Sage Crusher (04-28-2017), wellfed777 (09-24-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 11:00 AM
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-29-2017, 05:51 AM
Currently: gettin ready to ride!
Norway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond reputeNorway has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-29-2017, 08:07 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 04-29-2017, 01:38 PM
Spaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-29-2017, 09:39 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 04-29-2017, 11:21 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 04-30-2017, 07:07 AM

Click Here to Register