• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Primary shimming

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Anyone know if there are shims available to re-shim 2016-17 non roller Team primary? Looking through parts diagrams and internet search have found nothing. Looks like it would need a shouldered shim to do it. I have 0.125 belt clearance on a new one and need to get it to 0.025-0.040 so it quits slamming in on engagement. Put a different Cat clutch on for now that has proper clearance but would like to use the Team as it has a smaller diameter start than the Cat clutch (lower starting ratio). BTW I already tried the lightest spring/heavy weight combo I had and it still slammed in hard (105 lb start with 88 gr and still feels like notched weights).

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
My Team roller isn't that bad, but it's got 0.090". I'll have to look and see what Speedwerx has for the roller clutch too.
My other sleds have roller clutches and never bothered to check as engagement is so smooth with those. Can't get one for this application though.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Can we talk about the 88 gram weights?

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Can we talk about the 88 gram weights?
Sled has ported M1000 engine. Was playing with Bikeman Goldstar weights for 1100T and was up to 88 trying to see if engagement would be happier, ran best rpm on those weights at 85(base weight 83). Running 4 70 gr SLP MTX (65 gr + 2 steel rivets = 69.8 on my scale) in a Cat 4 tower now and working good. Have a set of Thunder Products adjustables I would like to use with the Team if I get it shimmed proper. Needs higher gearing as well. The Bikeman need bushings after only 100 miles, The thunder weights have 800 miles from previous use and still good. Not impressed with weight distribution on the magnetic adjustables, lopsided.

Premium Features