For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Washington Lake Chelan, Cle Elum, Mount Baker, Blue Mtns., etc.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
rsamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond reputersamsel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sled Advice...

I am looking at purchasing a 2005 RMK 900 with a 166 track. Brand loyalties as much as aside as possible can I get a take as to the goods and the bads about this sled.

Thank you in advance,

Rob

sled is similar to this:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/2870182327.html
but with a 166"

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Currently: Turbo triple comming soon!
Ryanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond reputeRyanlilly has a reputation beyond repute

I have no personal experience, but I have read thru the 900 Polaris section. Lots of info on those sleds in the sticky section.

Hope that helps a lil.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Currently: Doing yard work.....
Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,950 Posts
94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely pop up to the Polaris section and have a look through the 900 forum... There are TONS of threads discussing problems, solutions, mods, and the capabilities of these sleds. I love mine, but admit that they do take some setup to get them where they need to be to run reliably and perform decently. If you're not one who is mechanically inclined or just want something that is 100% gas and go I might advise against a 900... but if you are good with your hands and enjoy the occasional tinker session, they are usually pretty cheap sleds to get into as most are afraid of them.

Good luck

Support Public Access to Public Land

13 PRO RMK 800 162 VEI Custom
12 Ford F-350 Lariat C/C S/B 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke...124K
08 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
06 Kawasaki ZZR 600
05 RMK 900 166 Anniversary Edition #850 6,693 Miles
02 Interstate 19' Enclosed