• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle Lever Positioning

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
Ok so I've heard the debate go back and forth on throttle positioning (high on the bars vs. low). For those of you that do steep mountain riding, where do you have your throttle positioned and why? I currently have it fairly low, so that I can transition to my fingers on steep right hand sidehills, but I'm always open to trying new things - this season is the season to get better.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
like flipper angle? I leave mine semi loose so I can move it around depending on what gloves im wearing and what im doing.. and also so it doesn;t break off if I slam into it.

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
like flipper angle? I leave mine semi loose so I can move it around depending on what gloves im wearing and what im doing.. and also so it doesn;t break off if I slam into it.

I leave mine just loose enough that an impact can move it, but I'm really more curious about wrist position (wrong foot forward really far up on the sled vs. steep hill climbs where I'm back and laying out on the sled). I guess it just depends on what's comfortable at that time.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I stand a lot as most backcountry guys do, so if you stand in your neutral riding position with knees slightly bent, I adjust mine so that the flipper angle is slightly upwards. For me it seems to assist with thumb fatigue and the slight angle just feels better for off camber riding. Which is where you want everything the most comfortable.

I also, do not have mine "tight" its snug and when enough force is applied it will move some.

Premium Features