• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

THE NEW M.............

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
One thing I love about my 14 is the adjustable post. Wish they could have just improved on the current design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Aside from on the internet and on paper I haven't seen the poo do any dominating. Rode with two 163 pros yesterday and had zero issues keeping up or getting anywhere they did on my 153 cat. Don't get me wrong they handle great I've just never seen the total and utter domination out on the hill that is constantly being spewed on here. Sounds like cat is addressing all the major complaints(aside from weight) that folks have with the PC so there should be even less "domination" by the all mighty pro.
Thats because most of the time its a paper race. Guys say it over and over "the average rider, abd probably most pro riders, cannot ride the potential of these sleds in their stock form. There is no loosing when it comes to any brand.

Too bad the snopro models are so friggen ugly though

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
--Changes for 2016 so far--

-Team clutching - primary and secondary
-Front suspension - lighter, narrower, more angled - better deep snow handling
-Skis - wider and new shape
-Fixed steering post - lighter
-Slide rails -- new approach angle and new front arm mounting to rails
-Front rear suspension shock -- longer and more travel

The one other thing is the 3" track option in 153 and 162. I am very happy with the changes. There are more than I expected. With the changes I am guessing about a 8-10lb weight loss as well. They haven't disclosed the weight loss yet, but will tomorrow in the tech sessions.
If you haven't riden a proclimb with a 35" front end it is awesome. Made a 35" for my M7000 MPI turbo and 925 RKT M8000, totally changes how good the sled already is, way big improvement.
Cat will have 2016 models to the dealers for demo rides in the up coming weeks.

J
Jan 17, 2010
emmett,idaho
New front end looks great! Lost a few lbs between the front end and losing the adjustable post. Better clutching, rear skid mounts added an inch better angle on the front of the rails, 3 inch option and 141 option

8266.jpeg 8275.jpeg IMG_0477.jpg

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
--Poo has a lot more to learn from Cat than Cat from poo -engine and suspension for starters...

Ok ill take down this trolling post haha.

team clutches are a win, new rail designs a win, new front ends a win.

best m yet.

i would say if cat drops a new 800 and maybe not a new chassis but some boards and body tweeks everyone will be happy.

really axed the crossover line up, no cross country, must not have sold well.

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
New front end looks great! Lost a few lbs between the front end and losing the adjustable post. Better clutching, rear skid mounts added an inch better angle on the front of the rails, 3 inch option and 141 option

141 option is great. Lots of midwest guys want the narrower stance like on a mountain sled rather than a crossover.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I hope the new team lasts longer that the 500 miles my team did. And all the comments about pol being better , it isnt. As a matter of fact all they are is lighter. But I think 16 is going to be a eye opener.

J
Jan 17, 2010
emmett,idaho
My 14 doesn't trench, I go everywhere polaris goes on the same day in the same terrain in the same conditions there are different benefits and drawbacks to skid mounting location. Its called research and development. Get your head out of your ***:bowl:

Cat401

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Engine? Its a suzuki! Your ctec 800 doesnt exist. Last time i checked cats trench and have to move their mounting hole every year. Get your head out of your ***

Now they proved lets give up on **** clutches and get some one else to make them!

Also lets give up and team up with the #4 snowmobile manufacture for help with our chassis and 4 strokes!

oh oh....another bitter Polaris owner.....lol :eyebrows:

Cat401

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
One thing I love about my 14 is the adjustable post. Wish they could have just improved on the current design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to think the same way.....I've had the adjustable post on 3 models now and I never change it....so I won't miss it

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
That new lower post with fixed riser will be a huge benefit for those exiting through the bars. If you ate the bars on the old one there was no give.big plus in my book.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
Engine? Its a suzuki! Your ctec 800 doesnt exist. Last time i checked cats trench and have to move their mounting hole every year. Get your head out of your ***

Now they proved lets give up on **** clutches and get some one else to make them!

Also lets give up and team up with the #4 snowmobile manufacture for help with our chassis and 4 strokes!

--Engines are Cat in-house design...Suzuki is contract builder...been a really good descision btw

--Dont care about ctec 800 -- Suzuki runs great

--Yamaha apparently recognizes quality, handling, and durability of M chassis and chose it for its superior 4s engine --does poo even have a 4s...could the chassis even handle it... why didnt Yamaha choose the pro chassis with the belt drive, foil tunnel, and crap suspension?

--Cat now installs industry leading clutches...so what... I'll take it

--Ram runs Cummins engine and Aisin Seiko transmission -- I'll take that too:face-icon-small-hap

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
LOVE THIS... very 2013 though

Did they loose the short seat and go back to the older style? My wife hates my short 15 seat when she tags along, but I like it

M9000SPLTD_162_Blk_2016.jpg

Last edited:

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
LOVE THIS... very 2013 though

Did they loose the short seat and go back to the older style? My wife hates my short 15 seat when she tags along, but I like it
Made the seat longer for storage (A spot to put a strap for pulling the Poo's back to the lot) :face-icon-small-ton

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
Be nice if they gave all 15 and prior model owners the new clutches since now they admitted there clutches suck on the past models..

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I hope the new team lasts longer that the 500 miles my team did. And all the comments about pol being better , it isnt. As a matter of fact all they are is lighter. But I think 16 is going to be a eye opener.

Exactly, only better on paper. after my ride yesterday with the couple 163 pros('14 and a '15 TD) a couple of my riding buddies who were there and have never rode with pros before were saying they weren't impressed and didn't know what all the hype was about and these guys ride an m7 and an '06 rev. The poolaid flows deep around here with people that are trying to be like the cool kids. I'd bet money that if the majority of the people on here started buying another brand, even if it was Yamaha, most the poolaid drinkin sheeple would follow suit and start bleeding blue just to fit in.

Cat401

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Be nice if they gave all 15 and prior model owners the new clutches since now they admitted there clutches suck on the past models..

they only went to team clutches on the M series.....high RPM's, low speeds generate heat...the Cat clutches are still on all the other models...

Premium Features