• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

THE NEW M.............

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
--Just because poo may sell more, does not mean its a better sled -- a lot of fan boys imo

--Cant think of any component on a poo that I would want on this Cat...not one... really

--Maybe narrow up a bit and a little more rider forward is all at this point--I can put my own components on to lighten up a little if necessary

Can't think of one Polaris thing you'd want, except a narrower more forward positioned chassis, much like the Pro and soon to be surpassed by the AXYS. Huh, alrighty.

D
Sep 2, 2013
WY
I'm content to ride the dog piss outta my reliable sled. Yeah I've thrown some money at it to dial it in (skis, can, clutch) , but I ride with plenty of Poos - bent rails, A-Arms, motors burning down, drive pulleys breaking off, etc. If you wanna ride what Chris Burandt tells you is the best, buy a Poo. I know I have a rock solid sled that's just a few refinements away from DIALED. Polaris kicks *** at marketing. Only area their sled is superior.

They took a sled that's made from tinfoil and lightened it another 20 lbs. but hey, it's the "lightest and most flickable". While their sleds are in the shop, I'll be on the mountain!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
This is true poo is better in the weight department but when your stuck calling a chopper to get you home il drive by with my heavy cat purring along:)
It is heavier then a polaris but I'll put my cat and climb with it as far as the poo the rider choses where and how far, we're not comparing 1990 136" track sleds no more, in this day
It's the rider not the sled ride wizely

I actually like the cat but I rode my poo all day and my buddy got 4 tenths of a mile on his 14 cat before being towed back. Pick your poison. With all of them, you either get lucky or you don't.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Aside from on the internet and on paper I haven't seen the poo do any dominating. Rode with two 163 pros yesterday and had zero issues keeping up or getting anywhere they did on my 153 cat. Don't get me wrong they handle great I've just never seen the total and utter domination out on the hill that is constantly being spewed on here. Sounds like cat is addressing all the major complaints(aside from weight) that folks have with the PC so there should be even less "domination" by the all mighty pro.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
Can't think of one Polaris thing you'd want, except a narrower more forward positioned chassis, much like the Pro and soon to be surpassed by the AXYS. Huh, alrighty.

--Poo has a lot more to learn from Cat than Cat from poo -engine and suspension for starters...

Cat401

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
ok.....get this thread back on track....

3" track 3.5 lbs lighter than the 2.6

D
Sep 2, 2013
WY
Aside from on the internet and on paper I haven't seen the poo do any dominating. Rode with two 163 pros yesterday and had zero issues keeping up or getting anywhere they did on my 153 cat. Don't get me wrong they handle great I've just never seen the total and utter domination out on the hill that is constantly being spewed on here. Sounds like cat is addressing all the major complaints(aside from weight) that folks have with the PC so there should be even less "domination" by the all mighty pro.

I'm with you - anything I can do on a Cat, I can do on a Poo and vice versa. Only difference is Cat dominates the reliability department.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
$700 to upgrade your previous model M (or "Yamaha" viper)to the new A arms and spindles in whatever color you want. Nice

I wish they had a special on upgrading the clutches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
TEAM clutches. That's huge. Wish I had decent Cat dealer close by.

Those are NOT the clutches Yamaha uses. They have their own, far more advanced clutches than any other OEM

(Yes I realize these are not OEM and therefore not comparable, as Cat & Poo purchase from TEAM)

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Looking at all the releases and pretty much knowing what poo is coming with, I don't think anyone should be digruntled this for 16. I would say about the most of any year yet.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
No more grippies on top the skis, new skis musta resembled the grippers a bit to much. The grips come in quite handy righting a tipped sled and such.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Changes for 2016 so far--

-Team clutching - primary and secondary
-Front suspension - lighter, narrower, more angled - better deep snow handling
-Skis - wider and new shape
-Fixed steering post - lighter
-Slide rails -- new approach angle and new front arm mounting to rails
-Front rear suspension shock -- longer and more travel

Premium Features