• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

another vid

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Great. All the videos couldn't come at a better time.:clock:

With what I've seen this last month in the Ut section,the members could make one heck of a movie with the footage posted. Way to go!!

B
Jan 13, 2008
Baby Steps

Didnt run into or over any trees in the second production. Therefore the vote for best and most entertaining video goes to Hatchers1.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Ditto. Hatchers what helmet cam are you running? Looking to get one soon, but have no clue of what's out there.

Go Pro Hero HD is what your are looking for, its $300 and REI usually has a few in the store, but call ahead, they go quick!!

it comes with all you need except a SD card, a 8GB card is just fine for me, 45ish bucks at BestBuy for a good one, dont get the cheap card, its not fast enough.

couple thoughts:
- the camera takes 4 hrs to charge on a USB cable
-read the help guide that comes with the camera, and dont unplug the USB cable while the thing is transfering data.
- the default settings are the best at 960, 1080 makes it wide screen and chops your video height
-ive got Adobe Premere and Final Cut on a PC......but, my crusty old 5 year old MAC with the the free imovie software is still much faster and much easier.
-mount the thing on your helmet and record a few angles (moving the camera pivot around) and record each angle, then look at it on the puter and set it for what you like.....i set the helmet on my seat and level the camera at that plane....works for me

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
Awesome VID! Your skis don't touch the snow much do they. :face-icon-small-ton.

Thanks for the info on the helmet cam - I'm wanting one too.

Premium Features