• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lights out XC 120

Jul 11, 2001
Waconia, MN
I have a 2001 Polaris 120 for my son. last night I replaced the clutch and while testing it on the stand, the lights went out. I did notice that they did seem to get brighter for a second, but i went back to adjusting the brake band. When I was done i noticed that the lights were out. Probably is a voltage regulator, but any way to test them with an ohm meter to confirm? I am sure that the bulbs are also burnt. I bet they are expensive at the dealer.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I have a 2001 Polaris 120 for my son. last night I replaced the clutch and while testing it on the stand, the lights went out. I did notice that they did seem to get brighter for a second, but i went back to adjusting the brake band. When I was done i noticed that the lights were out. Probably is a voltage regulator, but any way to test them with an ohm meter to confirm? I am sure that the bulbs are also burnt. I bet they are expensive at the dealer.

I may have the service manual for the 120

If you want, PM me your e-mail address and I'll scan and send it to you if I can locate it

Premium Features