• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR vs Pro mountian riding

with this season winding down didn't know if anyone had any more opinions on this. I just bought a buddys demo 13 pro 155 slp stage 3. Can't wait to get it on the snow next year, sure it will be way diff than my 07 iqr 600 144

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
I think this is a very subjective topic as every IQR is set up differently. I can say that after riding my IQR's and my Pro 600 the Pro feels & responds in a very comparable manner to my IQR. I think the 2 sleds while similar have their intended uses. My IQR's are set up with Z-Bro's front ends, VE tunnels and EZ Rydes ETC. The areas I will ride my IQR are going to be in tight trees where I will be bumping into things. The durability/servicability of the IQR is far superior to the PRO. I have bounced my IQR off things and ridden away from them that most likely would have left my Pro wrecked.

I like the PRO and will be setting it up with new shocks, Arms etc for a better comparison to the IQR. One thing I did like in comaprison to my IQR was the vertical steering post. However the steering post needs WAY better bushings to address the steering post slop.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I like the PRO and will be setting it up with new shocks, Arms etc for a better comparison to the IQR. One thing I did like in comaprison to my IQR was the vertical steering post. However the steering post needs WAY better bushings to address the steering post slop.

Anger and others, the free fix for the steering slop is a stroke or two with a good file on the bushing spacers. It appears that they are ~1/64" too long and hold the bushing halves from being the correct dimension. Like anything else take a little at a time and stop when it feels good to you. A few strokes too many with the file and you'll have it too tight and lock up your steering.

Your other option is to go with the '10 &'11 Rush or all years of IQR and PRO X bushings (either 4 of #5437619, or 4 of #5434775) and 2 extruded aluminum supports
(#5132967), which are the PRO X / IQR post mounts.

Ride on!

Last edited:
Premium Features