• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forks Roadhouse

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
OK, i'm almost afraid to ask but has anyone ever stayed at the Forks? Looking at it from the outside I would tend to be a bit leary but like they say, looks can be deceiving. Looking for a place to stay next Saturday night.

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
Try Kenny Creek, www.kennycreeklodge.com never stayed there but always stop in and have a bite, super friendly people, very clean and awsome food. They serve beer also and make pizza! And if your really lucky they will have a batch of Beer and Cheese soup made up, I had never had or heard of it until I tried theirs, wow is all I can say.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Agree about the food and beverage at Kenny Creek Lodge but unfortunately we cannot stay there, which is why I asked about the Forks. If anyone know's of another place close to Petersville i'm all ears. Gate Creek is full so they are out as well.

We stayed at Forks once, and once at Kenny Creek, once at McKinley View B&B, once at Gates Creek Cabins...
Forks is "typical Alaskan rusty clasic", it was fun, they had a band.... Our room was just above the lounge.... the band played what seemed to be all night, but still, we enjoyed it a lot. The cigarette smoke got around as well.
Kenny Creek- modern, clean, awesome food, would recommend this to everybody, affordable.
B&B-we had a cabin, cooked our dinner, ate homemade breakfast, another nice place to visit.
Gate Cr. Cabins-clean, modern, not as "cheap".
All are laid back places.

K
Mar 16, 2008
I stayed at the forks once, the beds are as old as the place. I would agree with Dash, the overall experience was good, and the people are very nice. The bartender "Tony" is an awesome dude.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I tried to access their website but it's not working. I'll try and contact them and see what they have to offer.

Tokosha Mountain Lodge?

How about Tokosha mountain lodge? we ate there last year. Pretty cool people and nice place. we accessed them from 131 but im sure you can access them from petersville rd somehow.

there number is 907-733-2821. Check em out. cool people thats for sure.

Crash!!!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Girdwood, Ak
I've never stayed at the Forks, but my buddies cabin is in the area. The dudes in the bar are super cool. Last time we were there I lost count of all the free shots of Crown they hooked us up with. I would stay there in a heartbeat and would recommend it to anyone!

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
D
Feb 16, 2008
Anchorage, AK
How about Tokosha mountain lodge? we ate there last year. Pretty cool people and nice place. we accessed them from 131 but im sure you can access them from petersville rd somehow.

there number is 907-733-2821. Check em out. cool people thats for sure.

Crash!!!

I forgot all about Tokosha. We ate lunch with them one day last year. Cool people with a bunch of good stories. I can't remember how far in it was from 131. Maybe an hours ride with some messing around?

I forgot all about Tokosha. We ate lunch with them one day last year. Cool people with a bunch of good stories. I can't remember how far in it was from 131. Maybe an hours ride with some messing around?

Yeah about 45 to an hour ride. we got confused the first time out there. did not know we had to cross the lake. but yes, cool people and to me a true alaskan homesteader. The man was a genius! the way he built that place by himself is amazing. I did see it for sale on craigslist last year, but i dont think it sold. Its located inside the park boundaries. im sure as soon as the owner dies the state will take it. we had some great chicken and dumplings for lunch.

Crash!!!

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Try the B&B's on Petersville Road/Highway

We stay at any one of the four B&B located near the highway or on Petersville road itself, and trailer up to the parking lots, even up to 131 if needed. All are owned by nice people and are clean inside.

Two of the four had intense dormant black fly problems, meaning once it heated up the "hibernating" flies poured out of the crevices, but two beers and the handy little shop vac I carry, and I bagged my limit in no time.

I won't mention names as these problems may have been rectified since.

There is the McKinley View Inn, The Northland Inn, North Country Bed and Breakfast, McKinley Foothills B&B, and there is one I can't find the name of, it is in a large new house just about a 1/8 mile South of Petersville Road, right on the highway. Great place to stay, but you need to be somewhat low-key, but they make a HUGE breakfast.

As far as the Forks goes, it been a great place to stay since 1906!:eek:

Premium Features