• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drive shaft replacement

J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
Dropped off my 08 xp for it's drive shaft replacement today. Should get it back next week.

My factory clutch set up would not let me barely go over 50+mph either. Not like where I ride I get a lot of chances to go 60+ mph any way but I want all I can get! When I get a chance to rip I wanna rip!!
So they are looking into that as well.

I know no one cares, just yak'n!!

I should go to bed!!:eek::beer;:D

M
Dec 31, 2007
Took my 08 in and had the shaft replaced. Was told to bing it back for guage re-flash/button replacement and clutch updates. They mentioned something about bushings and spring cup too. It is so hard to get a service guy or woman in this case to tell you exaclty what they are doing with your $1300 pile of depreciation. I am scared to bring it in. I don't want a bunch of re-flashes, it runs awsome and everything works the way it should. Dealer had geared it down on warranty last year but I think I am going to bump it back up. 70 MPH on hard pack. is that normal for a 154?

M
Feb 6, 2008
Rapid City, SD
lucky!

You guys are so lucky! Our dealer won't even get a new driveshaft until mid December!! Mine did make it through last year though, so hope it will last until then. I guess it depends on when the snow flies again. it's been pretty warm since we got the early snow in the beginning of October. Time to start praying for more snow!!

Premium Features