• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear Axel Snowguard

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
I'll take the sled instead of the American g4. Guessing the side panels can be narrowed from not having to battle noise restrictions. Looks like the Summit Xx model . Not sold in America

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
That flap replacement is interesting. I wonder why it's not on US sleds if it's so great.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
How many horsepower does a snowflap (of any type) rob?
Impossible to answer because of the variables involved, but would be interesting to quantify.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
...puff, puff, add pass...

Ace

Look at it this way.
Under hard acceleration there is a substantial amount of snow being driven into the flap. This is directional energy being absorbed. Energy in opposite direction of propulsion. While minimal, it does indeed contradict forward travel.
The question being is this so minute that it doesn't warrant consideration? Perhaps, but just throwing it out there for discussion.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
The real power robber is when the snow gets sucked through the tunnel instead of going out the back. There is a high pressure created between the tunnel and track on top of this every pound of snow traveling forward in the track and tunnel instead of going out the back robb's takes a ton of power.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I believe they already broke one wheelying with a demo in Sweden.. Looks sexy, hope it works/does not cause trouble on that account alone.

What you are typically missing out on with Lynx is the suspension, always a strongpoint with them.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Premium Features