• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which 2020 Alpha?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Mine have never leaked.

If you have a 19 Alpha you better keep a close eye on the front track shock. Mine leaks and so do a lot of others. There is a reason that shock has been changed on all the 20 models.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
None my shocks have leaked on my Alpha.
Mine is a November build.
Very strong snowflap too, doesn't get erect like all the 2012-2018s as soon as u get off trail.

Polcat

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I will have to pull over a new CTEC engine. My Suzuki with a high compression head is a bugger to pull over when it's really cold. If the CTEC is easier, I may just go with a pull start. Yes, the Mountain Cat may be the best way to go.

I also think that the low pricing on the 2020 Alphas will absolutely destroy the desire for someone to want to buy a left over 2019 Alphas unless the rebates are increased a bit.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
If you have a 19 Alpha you better keep a close eye on the front track shock. Mine leaks and so do a lot of others. There is a reason that shock has been changed on all the 20 models.

They get pelted with debris when riding in low snow (snirt) conditions. I noticed that the shock body was getting pitted on my 18 MC, which is hard on the air sleeve seal.

I ended up making a protective bellows out of an old steering rack boot to protect the shock from rock damage. So far it's working out great.

IMG_3361 - Copy.JPG IMG_3360 - Copy.JPG

Premium Features