• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo newbie with questions

sledking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
hey guys,

Im looking at putting a turbo on my 09 d8 155

some questions i have are. how adjustable is a turbo? I would like to be able to ride at 0-1000' and 8-10k' due to that I live in central mn with trips out west. is that possible or should i just keep it for strictly high elevation?

also my sled is completely stock right now. If i add a turbo am i going to have to re gear or put in a different suspension and what not? (still looking at doing that anyways just dont have the money right now for both) Also how about like any kind of venting. I have the vents in the shock towers but that is it right now. Do I need more than that for a turbo?

How hard is it to tune it? ive read you have to constantly adjust it which is fine with me, i just dont wanna have major malfunctions when i wanna ride it.

Another thing is my cfi4 800 has 1700 trouble free miles on it. is adding a turbo going to cause alot of reliability issues?

I am very new to turbos. Ive rode and worked on stock sleds my whole life but this is just a whole new world for me.

Any info from you guys would help out immensley!

I greatley appreciate any help at all

Thanks,

A
Nov 26, 2007
Turbo's aren't for everyone but if you want alot more power in the sled you are riding then it is one choice. If you are planning on running less than 8lbs boost I would say that it probably somewhat of a waste of time. Alot of work for the extra 40 hp at 5 lbs. Having said that some guys are happy with that only as they can run pump fuel easily. If you get a good kit and install it PROPERLY then you can have alot of trouble free miles. Turbos are not really that hard on the engines and other than throwing in a set of pistons and rings you should be good. A stock Dragon with that mileage I would be checking the pistons anyhow as the fits are way to loose new. If you don't mind running some race or av then your power limits go up real fast and when you go out west and ride at higher elevations you can compensate for the power lost from altitude. My 02

Premium Features