• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 rev tach probs

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
have an 04 rev and the tach does not work. a dealer put an entire new motor in it recently and the tach never worked since. talked to a dealer here and he said if the relay was out my lighs wouldnt work( they do) and if i tapped it with a hammer the tach would flash work a little. any ideas?

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
On my 04 I had built up the motor and after my tach did not work either, forgot to plug in the wire by the magneto. Previously checked relays and all the wiring, could not find anything wrong, took off the recoil and inside by the flywheel it was not pluged in tight. Good possibility beings it was just re-built.

M
Nov 29, 2007
North Branch, MN
Same Issue

I'm having the same problem on my 05 Renegade 600 sdi. I have checked everything that I can and still nothing. I have asked if anyone has an ideas and I have not gotten any real answers. Good luck finding the issue, I'll post any thing that I find out on my sled.

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
On my 04 I had built up the motor and after my tach did not work either, forgot to plug in the wire by the magneto. Previously checked relays and all the wiring, could not find anything wrong, took off the recoil and inside by the flywheel it was not pluged in tight. Good possibility beings it was just re-built.

i was kinda thinkin that may be the problem. hard to do?

Premium Features