• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD 11 lbs

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Got first ride in with the intercooler BD turbo. Had a couple small issues the first 2 days then the last day it ran flawless. Here is a short little video. This sled will flat out go anywhere you have the marbles to put it. Thanks to BD and justin at code red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_eQyG4ISaQ

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
you can tell thats some bigger boost, from the fluttering the wastegate is doing... looks like your in need of a better skid tho, lots of ski left

looks good, now lets see in the steep and deep

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
Compressor surge at letoff, not wastegate. Sounds exactly like mine did when I ran for a short while without the bov. I put the bov back in with a really light spring, and there is absolutely no noise from the intake-it's all under the hood at the bov. WAY quieter with the snorkel in your face.

With that rocket, you'll be looking at a K-mod next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Dec 2, 2007
Cottonwood
We spoke in the parking lot yesterday

Did you get confirmation that your DET issues were related to your TPS?
I dropped mine off yesterday on the way home. I believe I am running not enough clutch weight (70gms with my max boost 6-8lbs). I should know more tomorrow.

Dan

Got first ride in with the intercooler BD turbo. Had a couple small issues the first 2 days then the last day it ran flawless. Here is a short little video. This sled will flat out go anywhere you have the marbles to put it. Thanks to BD and justin at code red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_eQyG4ISaQ

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Awesome!

Very nice setup! The video was great. It showed a ton of power and a really clean lower end. Been running mine at 8 and ready to ease it up to 11. What are you running for fuel??

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
What track length? Your skis are skyhigh. Also what weights/helix/elevation

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
The first day I wasn't running the 11 psi by choice. I had a boost line hooked up wrong and that wasn't allowing my ebc to work properly. Had about 65% avgas in that day. Ran flawless in morning then after it warmed up in the afternoon I was hitting det a couple times plus over revving.

Second day I figured out my ebc problem and put it down to 8lbs with 65% avgas. Sled ran excellent again in morning then after it warmed up had same issues as day one.

Third day I decreased to about 40% avgas and 7lbs and sled ran flawless all day. For the snow conditions I thought 7lbs was the most controllable psi while maintaining some fun factor yet. I will see if I got any good video of this day and the low end was even better.

Sled had a 155 track with 10-72 weights and 48 degree helix. Riding was 8500-10000k

I believe some of my det problems are my tps. Sled wouldn't idle at all when cold in morning. I had a issue with my tps while breaking sled in without turbo. Now that I am back home I am gonna check into my tps settings. Overall was very happy with the performance, gonna try another ride this weekend to get everything tuned perfect.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Are you sure your Det isn't too light of weight in the primary? Last season this was a common problem.
I'll be riding cooke this next week, and also I'm using 10-72 and 46* finish, but can change to a 48* finish. I used 71.5# heavy tip last year with the pump gas kit at 9#* 42 finish as the boondocker 68# was too light causing it to throw det right out of the mid range.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
ran my 2011 kit with the intercooler upgrade up to about 10lbs yesterday and WOW!

I was running the new recommended numbers in the control box, at about 6000 feet +/-, on straight av gas, ran like a champ!

couldn't even keep the thing wide open for very long. this difference between 6-7 then 9-10 lbs is huge.

Are you guys changing your fuel numbers quite a bit or do the recommended numbers seem to be ok?

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
ran my 2011 kit with the intercooler upgrade up to about 10lbs yesterday and WOW!

I was running the new recommended numbers in the control box, at about 6000 feet +/-, on straight av gas, ran like a champ!

couldn't even keep the thing wide open for very long. this difference between 6-7 then 9-10 lbs is huge.

Are you guys changing your fuel numbers quite a bit or do the recommended numbers seem to be ok?

I haven't ridden mine yet, what weights you running?

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
2011 kit w/ intercooler, between 6-7000 feet, 100% av gas, 7.5-8 lbs boost, 8100-8250 rpms, 120 degrees was max intake temp on a long pull, usually around 110-ish

awesome day!

my brother is a believer now!

S
Dec 2, 2007
Cottonwood
I will be anxious to see what my dealer says

I have my Non-intercooled BD turbo up at Triple S in Ogden for that very reason. I am anxious to see if 70gms of clutch weight with 46 helix is not enough. I pinged my Rev limiter all weekend. Now that said, the mechanic is saying that's what BD's kit called for. Personally, I believe 70gms (even with 6lbs of boost) is still too low. He also said my Throttle cable was "all jacked up" and that would also throw off my TPS. Yeah, it was hard to keep it idling at a cold start up since the Turbo install too.

Are you sure your Det isn't too light of weight in the primary? Last season this was a common problem.
I'll be riding cooke this next week, and also I'm using 10-72 and 46* finish, but can change to a 48* finish. I used 71.5# heavy tip last year with the pump gas kit at 9#* 42 finish as the boondocker 68# was too light causing it to throw det right out of the mid range.

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Sweet,

What's he referring to by saying your cable is "all jacked up"? I noticed mine is starting to get a few signs of stress cracks starting. I know there is a service bulletin out on this from polaris.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I have my Non-intercooled BD turbo up at Triple S in Ogden for that very reason. I am anxious to see if 70gms of clutch weight with 46 helix is not enough. I pinged my Rev limiter all weekend. Now that said, the mechanic is saying that's what BD's kit called for. Personally, I believe 70gms (even with 6lbs of boost) is still too low. He also said my Throttle cable was "all jacked up" and that would also throw off my TPS. Yeah, it was hard to keep it idling at a cold start up since the Turbo install too.

You can change your helix finish to the 48 if your using the bd helix.

S
Dec 2, 2007
Cottonwood
Is that for the 2012 only? Was told the 11's not included

Dealer told me that the cable update was for the 12's only.
Did you hear differently?

Sweet,

What's he referring to by saying your cable is "all jacked up"? I noticed mine is starting to get a few signs of stress cracks starting. I know there is a service bulletin out on this from polaris.

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Not sure if it's for 2011's also.

I took mine back apart and noticed the intercooler shifted and was rubbing hard against the upright structure post. This could of been possibly the det problems for me. Thinking about heading back to tog again next week if they get the snow that is predicted.

What did your dealer find out about yours?

S
Dec 2, 2007
Cottonwood
Nothing yet, let's hit Tog again. I am game

I will let you know when my dealer gets back to me with what he finds. Again, I think with the 46 helix and only 70gms of clutch weight, I am going to bang off the Rev Limiter even with only a few lbs of boost. I am certainly amenable to hearing of other theories! :face-icon-small-win

I am up for another Tog trip. We don't have much pow here still. I was going to invite you out here. But, we still have crap for snow.

Not sure if it's for 2011's also.

I took mine back apart and noticed the intercooler shifted and was rubbing hard against the upright structure post. This could of been possibly the det problems for me. Thinking about heading back to tog again next week if they get the snow that is predicted.

What did your dealer find out about yours?

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
You make the invite, and I will be there. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features