• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rev taillight ideas?

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
i have an 05 rev without a taillight, and i want to put some kind of led light on there. anyone know of some options?

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
i have an LED tailight im trying to sell. I ended up with 2 and only need 1. it looks nice and works well. it is the one by fourbarr industries. I will try to find a pic. it is like 5" wide single band of led's.

Evan

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
is the led light you have a 2 stage light? or does it only light up when you pull the handle?

B

bikerjustin

Apr 14, 2008
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I put a Dragon tail light on my 05 that I like a lot. I mounted it to the flap with a few dollars in hardware. It's the same bulb as the Ski Doo, so wiring was a breeze. Cost 40 bucks for all the parts. I also removed the aluminum wiring protector that is unused on the left side of the tunnel and moved it to the right side to protect the now exposed wiring.
That being said Evan's LED for 30 looks pretty good.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Go get a $8 LED from Oreilly auto parts. Hook it up to your running light. No brake though is the down side. Here it is on my old sled. There is acually two on there. just a thought.
snowmobileforsale003.jpg

I've got a couple extra 6 led light bars, clear lens with red LEDs, it's about 4 inches long. It's a 3 wire (two stage). I'll get some photos as soon as I can. 15 each, 26 for two, shipped. I have 3.

PM me or send me an email through my address here.

Prices are with shipping.

I'm running two of these on my sled, I just haven't decided if they are going to be side by side or one on top of the other. One is bright enough, but Two gives more visible area. I'll post of photo of what I do.

Last edited:
A

amunro

Sep 20, 2009
recon

I used a light from Recon Lighting, it was ment for the middle of a dually truck, but it was exactly the same width as my tunnel, and it comes in red, red with clear lens or red with smoked lens
all led

D
Oct 25, 2009
Anyone have any tips on getting the wiring right, i bought my sled without one on there at all and the cable snapped off on the handle bars as well...Will just a running light pass most inspections you think??

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
go to a truck shop and get a 2 stage LED break light. they are cheap and BRIGHT! i think everything cost me $16 and its about 4x bigger and brighter than the LED light bars. here are a few OK pics of it.
011-3.jpg

you can kind of see it in this pic.
028-1.jpg

snowmobile1-10-09013.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features