For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Currently: Waiting for Feb. 23
Old Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stuck primary!

We have a 13' Pro at the dealer for a clutch rebuild and they can't get the primary off. Tried the water trick using water and even oil. Any body have any ideas?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-16-2019, 01:50 PM
Currently: Keeping it 90
Always war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond reputeAlways war has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve heard of guys filling it with water and leaving it outside over night, and waking up to it laying on the ground. That’s if it cold enough to do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to Always war For This Useful Post:
NO IQ (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 02:08 PM
Currently: sourceinnovations.ca
Teth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond repute

I had 2 clutches snap in half while I was trying to remove. The one was the original clutch under warranty so I let the dealer deal with it and they cut into the crank trying to cut off the stub. Anyway they bought the sled and gave me a deal on a snowcheck. Moral of the story. I like letting the dealer remove the clutch for me any time my sled is in for anything else.

Try the water trick again and pour boiling water over the clutch. It helps it expand to loosen.

http://www.sourceinnovations.ca

We also have TKI Belt Drives, Arm Candy A-Arm Braces, Oil Tank Inserts, Reversible Scratchers, Polaris Suspension Couplers, Track Clips, Clutching and more.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-16-2019, 02:42 PM
Currently: snow, snow, snow
Solby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond reputeSolby has a reputation beyond repute

Tighten the puller in tight and hit it on the end with a hammer. I don't recommend an air wrench because I used one on mine and the crank snapped through the snout 200 miles later.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:51 PM
Currently: Not set
retiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scud-doo View Post
We have a 13' Pro at the dealer for a clutch rebuild and they can't get the primary off. Tried the water trick using water and even oil. Any body have any ideas?
Thread in the puller as tight as you can. If tapping on the puller doesn't break it loose then apply some heat with a heat gun on the center shaft of the clutch beside the inner sheave. Rotate the clutch once in a while so it heats evenly. It should come off when it expands a bit. Hopefully the clutch didn't spin on the taper and weld itself. If that's the case then you probably have to cut it off.

Haven't outgrown my 600 yet!

Old 01-17-2019, 02:49 PM
Currently: Waiting for Feb. 23
Old Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. The shop was able to rebuild it without taking it off. Not sure how but they did. Now they find that one cylinder is down to 100# compression and scored. :-( 84 hours on a "Fix Kit" and it has to be redone....again. 2417 miles on the sled and will be on it's third motor. Thinking that it's time to sell or trade and go a different direction. :-(

Old 01-17-2019, 08:20 PM
Currently: waiting for snow
mtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond repute

your getting taken for a ride and you need a new shop. the one you are using is full of crap and can't even perform the simple task of removing a clutch, they gave up on it and told you some b/s about doing the job without doing the job ? the problem is not with the sled !
i just an old mechanics opinion take it for what it's worth

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-17-2019, 09:51 PM
Currently: Not set.
Thanked 1,181 Times in 678 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat1 View Post
your getting taken for a ride and you need a new shop. the one you are using is full of crap and can't even perform the simple task of removing a clutch, they gave up on it and told you some b/s about doing the job without doing the job ? the problem is not with the sled !
i just an old mechanics opinion take it for what it's worth
Exactly my thoughts too!

If the dealer cant get a clutch off a sled, thats a big red flag and your invention to get your sled the hell out of there!

The Following User Says Thank You to SRXSRULE For This Useful Post:
mtncat1 (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 10:13 PM
mtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond reputemtncat1 has a reputation beyond repute

goes in for a clutch and now suddenly needs a new top end that has low miles on it even more fishy

Old 01-17-2019, 10:25 PM
Currently: Enjoying the snow!
Thanked 3,797 Times in 2,005 Posts
94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 94fordguy For This Useful Post:
mtncat1 (01-17-2019), NO IQ (01-20-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 10:40 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 01-18-2019, 09:29 AM
Currently: sourceinnovations.ca
Teth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Teth-Air For This Useful Post:
diamonddave (01-19-2019)