• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

V-band connection?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
A question for those in the know: Is there any downside going to a v-band connection on a 2.5" exhaust? As it sits now, I carry a spare gasket when I ride in the off chance I have to remove the exhaust to access the belt drive (Running 2.5" EVO exhaust). I notice the 3" setups use the v-band connection, it it a cost thing, or a flow issue or leakage on the 2.5"? I don't see myself going to a 3" exhaust anytime soon, but would gladly modify the existing 2.5" for simplicity's sake. Thanks in advance.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
A question for those in the know: Is there any downside going to a v-band connection on a 2.5" exhaust? As it sits now, I carry a spare gasket when I ride in the off chance I have to remove the exhaust to access the belt drive (Running 2.5" EVO exhaust). I notice the 3" setups use the v-band connection, it it a cost thing, or a flow issue or leakage on the 2.5"? I don't see myself going to a 3" exhaust anytime soon, but would gladly modify the existing 2.5" for simplicity's sake. Thanks in advance.

Nope get the flanges. You can typically find them on ebay. Maybe sure the flanges are 304 as well as the clamp.

I beleive Evo started out with the stock flange basically just for interchangability between downpipes and mufflers.

Premium Features