• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who insures your turbo sleds in the states?

S
i have a 05 RX1 with a MCX kit and was wondering who insures turbo sleds? i checked with american family and they said they wont. so i dont know who to call next. and what could i expect to pay for full coverage for the year?

N
Jan 29, 2008
I don't think you have to tell them do you? I guess the only downfall is if the sled gets stolen they might give you some grief about paying out higher than blue book value but with receipts they might still pay out. If you have a friendly agent like mine they would probably give you some advice without screwing you.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
As far as i know you can tell any insurance place that you want the sled insured for a certain amount of $. Whether its worth it or not. just have to pay more is all.

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
State farm isn't charging me extra. They just told me to make sure I keep any receipts including the turbo. You can also pay an extra $25 a year to get $2000 towards a health insurance policy deductible if you injure yourself.

S
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian, Idaho
As far as i know you can tell any insurance place that you want the sled insured for a certain amount of $. Whether its worth it or not. just have to pay more is all.

Unfortunately, in most cases that is not true. Only certain companies (few) offer stated value coverage. It is slightly more complex but in simple terms most cover the value of the stock USED sled value and no or few accessories. In addition many either refuse to cover a sled with high performance mods or re-rate the enitre premium to reflect the increased risk.

Be sure you have proper coverage. I have known people to wreck their sled only to find out that they did not have what they thought they had. It doesn't have to be expensive just needs to be the right coverage.

Premium Features