• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sticky clutch need some help...!!

K
Jan 3, 2011
hey, i have a rmk 900 159' , my clutch wants to stick when its engaged and not desengage witch causes it to kill the motor if i have the brake on,. and when i start it and left worm up and then ready to take off it revs up to like 4 and then boom takes off and then ideals way down read away and dont want to desengage. i have 10 78 weights in it now i had 10 72 when i bought it .. i didnt change the spring tho its black. when i bought the 10 78 weights they said that spring would work .. i just bought the sled two weeks ago. i used to ride ALL skidoo , but rode my rmk and loved it ... but hope i am making a good decsion :face-icon-small-dis..?? i leave for the big horns on the 18th and going to show some skidoos up ..haha :face-icon-small-hap i need some help guys .. THANKS ..

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Sounds like you need to pull the clutch and have it gone through.

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Yeah mine did the same thing awhile back. The bushing swelled up and is a known cause on the 9's that I know of. Need to get it fixed. A good time to get it balanced also just get a hold of indydan on here does clutch repairs and balancing. Someone will chime in on his contact info.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Check your rollers and weights and make sure they roll, and are smooth. Any kind of scratch or ding will cause your clutch to stick.

K
Jan 3, 2011
thanks guys .. i put the 10 72 back in and it dont do it as much .. but who do i take it to have it looked through and balanced ?? and how much dose it coast for that ? one other question is i can only go 65 mph at about 7000 rmp.. is that normal or do i have a low gear? :face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features