• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sticky Clutch Weights Fix??

O
Jan 14, 2008
Western WA
I seem to have this problem with my weights getting slid to one side and wearing into clutch housing. Whats the ticket? Put new weights and bushings on and there pretty snug on the bolt that holds them, but after a bit they slide from the center to the side and start wearing at the aluminum. Is there a way to keep them centered or do you want them to slid easy so there more likely to slid back? Just seems like a poor design. Thanks

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
You get some clutch weight shims from Comet that will work. Place these between the weights and clutch itself. I believe they are a stainless steel so they hold up pretty good.

http://www.wps-inc.com/wps/WICATALOG1.pgm?Task=PREV&CICID=SM&PRVCID=SM&PAGE=774&Rnd=1764066391673294

They will look like these double-eared washers in part # 207869. You might get the whole kit and replace the bolts as well. The bushing kit may be useful, or replace the weights as the bushings have undoubtedly been worn allowing the side-play in the first place.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I've been using the AC shims for years and they work awesome, I just replace them every year along with the weight bushings. If the weight has worn the clutch badly where the bolts go thru, I file it flat again, so the shim has a good surface to rest against.

Premium Features