• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 PRO-RIDE 800 HP DYNO RESULTS ARE IN!

Jetjock

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Buckley, Washington
Dynotech just completed a dyno evaluation of the 2011 Pro-ride 800. The results showed 143 hp with 90 lbs of torque. The sled had satisfied the break-in chip program having run for a total of 2.2 hours. These numbers were produced with the 10% ethanol chip in place. The numbers inproved slightly to 147 hp with the ethanol chip removed, but in my neck of the woods you can't find fuel without ethanol so the 143 will be the standard. Look at the bright side, it has 20 less hp (and 17 less pounds of torque) and burns more gas and oil than the 800 ETEC, has a simulated carbon fiber rear bumper that is impossible to hold onto when wet, and the motor is a hybrid version of the now infamously unreliable (and underpowered) Polaris 800 of the past 2 years. Maybe there is a more powerful Pro-ride 700 in Polaris's future :)

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
Dynotech just completed a dyno evaluation of the 2011 Pro-ride 800. The results showed 143 hp with 90 lbs of torque. The sled had satisfied the break-in chip program having run for a total of 2.2 hours. These numbers were produced with the 10% ethanol chip in place. The numbers inproved slightly to 147 hp with the ethanol chip removed, but in my neck of the woods you can't find fuel without ethanol so the 143 will be the standard. Look at the bright side, it has 20 less hp (and 17 less pounds of torque) and burns more gas and oil than the 800 ETEC, has a simulated carbon fiber rear bumper that is impossible to hold onto when wet, and the motor is a hybrid version of the now infamously unreliable (and underpowered) Polaris 800 of the past 2 years. Maybe there is a more powerful Pro-ride 700 in Polaris's future :)

holy ****! did your daddy take your polaris away from you when you were a little kid? do you need a hug? i think there are some underlying feelings in there.

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

D

dragonpoo

Nov 28, 2007
centennial
So often to much is made of peek HP. It would be interesting to see the full Dyno run and overly that with the doo Hp and see how the midrange stacks up
When Boondock riding in the trees and tight areas Bottom end and midrange is everything
If I want top end I'l put a blow dryer on it

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
glad i still have my 700, if i go pro ride it will be a turbo, if i go stock it will be a m8

that's kind of stupid isn't it? i mean if all these people are after is the peak HP the M8 is a stupid way to go buy the 1000, if weight and handling don't matter just as well ride big too.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
So often to much is made of peek HP. It would be interesting to see the full Dyno run and overly that with the doo Hp and see how the midrange stacks up
When Boondock riding in the trees and tight areas Bottom end and midrange is everything
If I want top end I'l put a blow dryer on it

Agreed 100%

Usable power. If it peaks out in one spot what good is that? I want to see power that is usable all across the range, not a dyno queen that looks good on paper.

Jetjock

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Buckley, Washington
800 ETEC HP/TORQUE NUMBERS ARE HIGHER AT ALL RPMS!

I am not affiliated in any way with Dynotech, but suggest that those aforelisted naysayers subscribe and look at the dyno charts side by side and come to their own conclusions. I would post the charts but do not feel that is fair to Dynotech, who is the rightful owner and proprieter of the info.

BTW -I loved my 2004 Polaris Vertical Escape 800 and have never ridden a better clutched and more powerful 700 than the 2009 IQ Dragon. I own a new ETEC 800 as a partial warranty replacement for the mechanically unsound 2009 XP 800 that I had nothing but problems with (although those I ride with had nothing but the best of luck with their 09 XPs.) I do believe the Pro-ride will be, although a little underpowered, a great riding sled.

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
Who cares about HP! Just give me a sled that is setup very well and you can have your HP numbers!

The HP thing comes up every year and does not have anything to do with the overall performace of the motor. If you are mad because it does not make 160HP than Boo freaken Hoo! It's gonna rip in the hills and be a rad sled! Shops such as Carls are making slight improvements for the average Joe and people like Chris have a lot of good things to say about it.

So if you base your judgement on HP then you are an idiot and need to take the whole product into consideration. IMO HP numbers should not be taken into consideration, rather pound feet and how efficiently that is transfered to the track because we all know that a properly setup sled will perform better than a sled that is not properly setup.

Why do many shops not dyno thier motors? Because of the ding-dongs out there that only look at the HP number without setting up the rest of their sled, and then they are pissed becuase a slightly modified sled that is setup very well kicks their tail all over the mountain (prob better rider right?). Then the ding-dongs complain about having to pay additional money to clutch their sleds etc. !?!?!?!?!

If you want HP numbers go ride a Dyno!

Jetjock

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Buckley, Washington
Deep thoughts from the "Troll"

JetJock...Aren't you a XP guy???

Why stir the pot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCRMK

Mountainhorse,

I have to confess, I am on short call for the airline and therefore am sequestered to my house and computer. There is no snow and all 5 of my sleds (polaris, ski-doo, and yamaha) are serviced and ready to go. I was bored and after having seen a myriad of messages and forecasts on the Polaris forum, all looking to the "Dynotech" evaluation of the new Pro-ride 800, 3 days have expired since the numbers were out and everyone is suddenly and silently in denial. I couldn't help myself, my bad!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
JetJock...Aren't you a XP guy???

Why stir the pot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCRMK

Mountainhorse,

I have to confess, I am on short call for the airline and therefore am sequestered to my house and computer. There is no snow and all 5 of my sleds (polaris, ski-doo, and yamaha) are serviced and ready to go. I was bored and after having seen a myriad of messages and forecasts on the Polaris forum, all looking to the "Dynotech" evaluation of the new Pro-ride 800, 3 days have expired since the numbers were out and everyone is suddenly and silently in denial. I couldn't help myself, my bad!

MH is absolutely right. You are just stirring the pot (bashing). You say 3 days have expired since the "Dynotech" evaluation? We have all be participating in a descent conversation long before and as soon as those results were released. You may have been in too much of a hurry to bash the Polaris guys to read THIS thread. Hey, it's your right to put what you want on this 4M, but hate'n is just sad.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I was bored and after having seen a myriad of messages and forecasts on the Polaris forum, all looking to the "Dynotech" evaluation of the new Pro-ride 800, 3 days have expired since the numbers were out and everyone is suddenly and silently in denial. I couldn't help myself, my bad!

I don't think anyone has been silent or in denial, I just don't think you got the reaction you were hoping for.... maybe because everyone with the Pro isn't concerned that their sled is gonna be a flop.... And I admit by my reaction, and everyone else's reaction and reply on this thread you're getting what you wanted...
I own a new 800 and i'm honestly not worried about the power one bit... and it pumps me up even more when i read the threads about the ON SNOW action of the new Pro...
Enjoy being cooped up in your house with your computer :thumb:

Jetjock

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Buckley, Washington
BUGITO WINS -I STAND CORRECTED1

BUGITO,

I thought I had clicked on last post on the topic you referenced. It is apparent that I ended up on the last post of the first page. My mistake -the Polaris crowd is a standup selfaware group afterall!

If it is any consolation, I have yet to realize the "Dyno" results of the ETEC. Who knows maybe the engine will quit and those high frequency "speaker-like" injectors mounted on top of the engine will go back to their roots and start playing music :)

Cheers!

B2

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2010
Sheridan, WY
These conversations remind me when I bought the all new Polaris 700 RMK which supposedly had around 115hp and the mighty Summit X came out the next year with 133hp at the crank. My riding buddy (bleeds Ski Doo) bought the X and ended up having to wear drive belts around his neck to get through a hard days ride. I think the TRA clutches have come a long ways since then, but I could outpull/outclimb the X any day of the week.

I know you can make up for some power differences with clutch/chassis efficiencies, but I was dissapointed in the hp numbers from DT. I was not expecting 155-160, but was hoping to at least be in the 150+ category.

The good/bad about this motor is that the fuel mapping looks pretty accurate at holding a consistant A/F ratio across the rpm range. The bad part of this is that the D8's would make 145-150 at low AFRs, meaning you could safely lean the fuel curve with a controller (or aftermarket pipe) and pick up 8-10 hp. The new motor is already running higher AFRs, so I wouldn't want to go too much leaner without getting some more airflow through the engine, and I don't know how that is going to happen without more aggressive porting.

Dynotech Jim, as a subscriber I love the information you provide and tell everyone I know the subscribtion is well worth it!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
that's kind of stupid isn't it? i mean if all these people are after is the peak HP the M8 is a stupid way to go buy the 1000, if weight and handling don't matter just as well ride big too.

Just stirring the pot, I like reliably and comparable power and the cat has is the top dog in the power department for the 800 and the motor stays together.

Like i have seen stated before, we dont ride dynos we ride mountains........

lets see some real world results, if the motor last this winter and holds its own with the other 800s its all you can ask for, the chassis is unreal and the cat chassis is old as balls. You can make 10-20 hp fairly easily.

X
Jan 20, 2008
P.G
bla....bla....bla... It's not allways about how much power you have maybe more about how you use it.

& F.Y.I my weapon of choice this year is a pro-155.

Premium Features