• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 RMK Pro?

B
Mar 9, 2012
Casper, WY
I was wondering about problems with the 800 RMK Pro 155. I am thinking about snow checking one for 2013. I have heard about the nasty bog and the piston skirt problem. However I heard that they were bending some parts because the sled was so light. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem, or any other problems with their Pros. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
Dont worry about it, i have an 012' with under 1 grand in miles......no problems. The problems you hear of are from less than ten percent of the pro rmk owners that report in of problems. Buy the sled, four year warranty and if it breaks get it repaired under warranty.....Dont worry about it. The sled is one heck of a fun piece of machinery to ride.....

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Nasty bog? that's a new one to me. Mine flat out rips and is crisp as can be

Don't believe every thing you hear

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Nasty bog? that's a new one to me. Mine flat out rips and is crisp as can be

Don't believe every thing you hear!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I ride with a group of guy's that all bought Pro's, six sleds in all, nearly two years of riding on some. We have not had one glitch of any kind, very impressive machines, fun to ride. One sled finally had to replace a belt last week, the belt came apart at about 1,300 miles. I don't think anyone has ever even fouled a spark plug. When set-up properly they run as strong or stronger than any other 800 on the snow, I've been racing the others all season long, fun sled.

A
Jan 19, 2008
i bought a 12 switch back assult this year, put an rmk front end on it and loved it. how ever it did not like the rock i found. so if the insurance comp. totals it i wil be buying a 2013 rmk.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
The earlier Dragons had a bog problem. There is not one on the Pro.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
There can be a bog from time to time on the pros it does happen. 6 and 8s both have it but I wouldn't let it stop you from buying one.

I think a lot of it has to due with pipe temperature .

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I call BS! There is an intermittent bog or cutout when stabbing the throttle occasionally. Not every time and not really recreatible. Sorry, this has been around since the Pro came out two season ago. Rode yesterday and 3 of the 5 pro's had it happen atleast a couple times. One was/is a dealer's sled. So don't say it doesn't happen. I've learned to live with it since nobody really has been able to pin point it's cause...I don't think. Warranty only does you good, btw, when they can fix it.

Like stated, it really doesn't do any damage and it's just something that once you get used to, it's not as noticible.

S
Dec 9, 2009
just a question, if you have a bog, what gas are you using, if you don't, what gas are you using?
The reason I ask is that I have a 600 CFI that bogged, someone said quit using premium. So I did and it stopped but the sled still ran great otherwise. Maybe we would see a similar trend.

Premium Features