• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10k to spend on 1100t and m8 - make your case

S
Dec 6, 2007
When someone builds a turn-key pull and go 2 stroke with no tuning involved I will snow check a 2 stroke and give them my entire $10,000. I am 5'5 and weigh 160 pounds and would love to rock a 2 stroke again. That being said I will be riding my 1100 4 stroke for the third year in a row and banging through the trees with my buddies on their 2 strokes. All the time wearing a huge smile on my face becasue even considering the extra weight my 1100 turbo is the most fun to ride, start the sled and go machine I have ever owned. And I have owned a lot of different machines.

If a munchkin like me can learn to ride a 4 stroker and survive 3 years then anyone can. If anything it is making me a better rider by making me learn to work the sled, countersteer like crazy, and position my body correctly becasue the physics of the situation shows that I am not goning to easily muscle my sled on its side to make it go where I want it to.

S
Dec 6, 2007
I haven't heard anything about it yet. This evo 2 stroke kit is still a mystery. No pricing, no real details. But if they have something that is pull and go, I can ride at home here bombing around with the kids and then load up and head off to Revy then YES, please sign me up.

Can't wait to hear more about it.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt...

I personally haven't had much time on a turbo 2 smoker, personally, I always ran big bores. Last season, I picked up a 2013 M1100T Ltd, added a bunch of EVO goodies from JustBoostIt, and worked on keeping the drivetrain together. I've no regrets, either. The 4S mill has great torque and other then the weight (goal for this season), works well in the trees. It wasn't long ago that most sleds were in the same weight category, and we ran triples, too. If I was starting a fresh build, it would be something like this:
- M1100 T 162
- C3 carbon tunnel, belt drive, tank, and hood
- lightweight battery
- EVO Big Chute or Super Chute, along with the I/C fan, charge tubes, head studs, BRV, VFI Intake, 300M jackshaft, Turbie mounts, & 3" exhaust
- Kmod rear skid w/ Raptors
- MODS skis
(come to think of it, I've already built the sled above, except for the carbon tunnel and hood, and mine is a Big Chute kit) - this sled rocks, and I don't see a 2 smoker in my future again)

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I personally haven't had much time on a turbo 2 smoker, personally, I always ran big bores. Last season, I picked up a 2013 M1100T Ltd, added a bunch of EVO goodies from JustBoostIt, and worked on keeping the drivetrain together. I've no regrets, either. The 4S mill has great torque and other then the weight (goal for this season), works well in the trees. It wasn't long ago that most sleds were in the same weight category, and we ran triples, too. If I was starting a fresh build, it would be something like this:
- M1100 T 162
- C3 carbon tunnel, belt drive, tank, and hood
- lightweight battery
- EVO Big Chute or Super Chute, along with the I/C fan, charge tubes, head studs, BRV, VFI Intake, 300M jackshaft, Turbie mounts, & 3" exhaust
- Kmod rear skid w/ Raptors
- MODS skis
(come to think of it, I've already built the sled above, except for the carbon tunnel and hood, and mine is a Big Chute kit) - this sled rocks, and I don't see a 2 smoker in my future again)

Pretty the reports from all my 1100t customers. People love the 4S

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
I worded the title wrong but most of you got the idea. It was spend 10k on one or the other, not share. I personally would be 50 lbs lighter, kmod, and 280hp.

As for the Evo kit....patience young grasshoppers:face-icon-small-coo Nobody wants to announce a product too early and field all the questions, and conversely too late missing the potential buyers thinking about it as one of the choices. Showing it at haydays was to start the ball rolling and the end game was to have it ready for production for the Edmonton sled show.

Good ill see ya there! was wondering who all off here would be there

Premium Features