• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

F-150 ecoboost

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
Hooked onto the camp trailer last night and made the 110 mile trip to go camping. I have 4K miles now and the mpg wasn't stellar but I expected it would be around 10 and it was 9.7. And that number is calculated where the trip computer showed 8.9 mpg. We had a strong side wind at first and then a strong 25 mph head wind for 75 miles. The truck pulled exceptionally well for a half ton V6 turbo. The tranny shifted down to 4th twice on bigger hills but most of the time it was in 5 at 2000 rpm. Hardly noticed I was pulling anything compared to the old 5.3L Silverado I used to use for the same trailer and route. It would shift between gears and turn 4K rpm most of the time.

To say I'm happy with this new pick up of mine would be a gross under statement. Very glad I went with the tow mirrors, heavy duty payload package and long 157" wheelbase. I'm consistently getting 21 mpg empty on the hi-way at 70 mph. The 36 gal tank makes for long distances between leg stretches but the comfy seats do help.

I do wish I had the 36 gallon gas tank too!

snokaw

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
www.mhallmtbsnow.blogspot.com
Took a 800 mile round trip the other day to pick up a Yamaha for my job. I'm running a bit larger tires so the mpg is slightly better then it shows.

I was loading the motorcycle up in the 102 degree temps, had to change shirts when I climbed into the truck...sweating like a dawg. The cooled seats were great.

It would be nice to have the 36 gallon tank as well. Other than that, the longer I own the Eco the more I like it.

027.jpg 028.jpg 029.jpg 033.jpg

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Just picked up my new screw ecoboost today. I'm not going to be pulling like you guys. Maybe two sleds or 2 or 3 wheelers, mostly my daily driver. I'm likin' it!

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I'm trying to decide which truck to get next, and the Super Crew Ecoboost is on my list. Not sure I can justify the added cost of a diesel for what I need, but a little uncertain on what the resale will be on the eco after 5 years and 140k miles....

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
I'm trying to decide which truck to get next, and the Super Crew Ecoboost is on my list. Not sure I can justify the added cost of a diesel for what I need, but a little uncertain on what the resale will be on the eco after 5 years and 140k miles....

The Ecoboost is a good option for those of us that don't tow weights over 10K. Even though my truck is rated and equipped to pull over 11K I know it will handle most anything under 10K.

I grabbed the heaviest trailer I own again the other day and headed out camping. It is a 30 ft bumper tow and fully loaded is about 6800 lbs. Mileage is at 8500 now and the MPG was 10.3. My buddy with the same trailer gets 12.5 with his stock 6.7L Cummins megacab. Yep diesels are cool and make huge power but if you don't want a diesel or the added cost the Ecoboost pulls just fine.

Premium Features