• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rmk essentials bag

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Yeah I know, I try and get most of the stuff off my back and onto the sled! I'm coming from a 165 Axys to a 155 Matryx. I always ran a nice Sled Solutions bag on my Axys sleds and now I'm struggling to find the right combo? I'm leaning towards the large Burandt Bag but not 100% sure yet. I do however really like the new quick detach on these new style Burandt Bags.......well for now at least, hopefully it stays attached !!! LOL
Lmao nock on wood. I've been using it for 3 years and so far, it's stayed on good. I was thinking about trying the bca bag with the essentials bag, but stayed with the burandt. Either way. I don't think you can go wrong

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Lmao nock on wood. I've been using it for 3 years and so far, it's stayed on good. I was thinking about trying the bca bag with the essentials bag, but stayed with the burandt. Either way. I don't think you can go wrong
I ran BCA bags prior to the large burandt. One thing is for certain, the BCA is WAY cheaper! And you could probably get two of them on a 165 tunnel, while still saving $150... but I haven't tried.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The new lock n ride attachment has a very positive feeling click when it's attached on the posts. I've had no issues in ~2k miles.

Sled solutions handlebar bags are awesome if you need more storage. Also the matryx glove box is amazing for water bottles, gloves, etc.

Easy to get weight off your back these days!
Yup! Got the Matryx glove box bag as well as handlebar storage, all good stuff for sure!!

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
If you have the smaller burandt tunnel bag, the essentials bag is a good compliment to add space on a 165. If shorter, I don't think there's room for both but others can confirm.

Otherwise I prefer running the large bag only.
Fits fine on a 55. More versatile and more room than just a large Burandt.

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
?? What's if for ??
Not quite sure if I'm tracking ya. It's the glove box zippered "liner bag" to store stuff???
Yeah, seems like there is no purpose for it. Why do you need the glove box lined? Takes up space and slows down the drying of damp items.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yeah, seems like there is no purpose for it. Why do you need the glove box lined? Takes up space and slows down the drying of damp items.
Actually it doesn't take up that much space, it helps seal up that area and helps keep things dry.

Premium Features