• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rmk essentials bag

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Anyone using this bag? If so how do you like it?

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I have it on my sled, can fit almost everything that I had in the small burandt tunnel bag. This takes up less room, only downside is it’s not quick release. There is still room for the small tunnel bag on behind it on a 155 slash tunnel, if you need more room

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Yeah I have one too. Love it. I had a small burandt bag. Holds 90% od the same stuff. Only issue is stuff is more in a pile then a nicely displayed layout like the burandt bag. I just put my emergency stuff etc at bottom as I don't need immediate access to it 99% of the time. Tools sit on top.

This allows me to put my spare gas can almost a foot further forward which is huge for the weight bias on a 155 boost.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I like mine. I also have a small burandt bag. 6 bottles of water go in the essentials bag and tools in burandt bag. Leaves me with a light back pack. Especially with my helium hood and handle bar bag. Fits perfectly on a 155

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Only downside is they are not very water proof/resistent. In other words chit gets wet so I put my tools/etc in a waterproof bag first and then stuff them in the essentials bag. Socket set, wrenches and all the heavy stuff goes in the essentials bag and lighter stuff in a tunnel bag snugged up to the essential bag.

Bgilmlbz

Premium Member
Mar 3, 2019
Pocatello, ID
I have a brand new one for sale in SE Idaho. WIfe decided to she wanted the Large Burandt bag on her 155 instead of the essential bag and small Burandt
ALso have a brand new large Burandt bag for sale too.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Only downside is they are not very water proof/resistent. In other words chit gets wet so I put my tools/etc in a waterproof bag first and then stuff them in the essentials bag. Socket set, wrenches and all the heavy stuff goes in the essentials bag and lighter stuff in a tunnel bag snugged up to the essential bag

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Only downside is they are not very water proof/resistent. In other words chit gets wet so I put my tools/etc in a waterproof bag first and then stuff them in the essentials bag. Socket set, wrenches and all the heavy stuff goes in the essentials bag and lighter stuff in a tunnel bag snugged up to the essential bag
Why do they even build bags that aren't waterproof, we aren't riding in the desert!!!

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
All I do like the look of the bag. It is kinda small. But the one I'm used to on the Axis was really no bigger.

IMG_5977.jpeg

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
So I have to ask......how is the Essentials Bag when used in conjunction with the small / medium Burandt Bag?

I have the small / med. Burandt Bag but I'm thinking it's too small??? I'm thinking of either getting a large Burandt Bag or, adding the Essentials bag and move the other bag backwards??

Any thoughts?????

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
So I have to ask......how is the Essentials Bag when used in conjunction with the small / medium Burandt Bag?
If you have the smaller burandt tunnel bag, the essentials bag is a good compliment to add space on a 165. If shorter, I don't think there's room for both but others can confirm.

Otherwise I prefer running the large bag only.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I think the small bag will fit behind the essentials bag on a 155 slash tunnel but that is all there’s room for

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN

I have the small / med. Burandt Bag but I'm thinking it's too small??? I'm thinking of either getting a large Burandt Bag or, adding the Essentials bag and move the other bag backwards??

Any thoughts?????
That's what I have. The essentials and small burandt. I put 6-7 bottles of water in there. I put a sock over each bottle of water and they don't freeze. Along with skinze hood. I only have a shovel and spare belt in my pack. Love not having any weight on my back

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
That's what I have. The essentials and small burandt. I put 6-7 bottles of water in there. I put a sock over each bottle of water and they don't freeze. Along with skinze hood. I only have a shovel and spare belt in my pack. Love not having any weight on my back
Yeah I know, I try and get most of the stuff off my back and onto the sled! I'm coming from a 165 Axys to a 155 Matryx. I always ran a nice Sled Solutions bag on my Axys sleds and now I'm struggling to find the right combo? I'm leaning towards the large Burandt Bag but not 100% sure yet. I do however really like the new quick detach on these new style Burandt Bags.......well for now at least, hopefully it stays attached !!! LOL

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Yeah I know, I try and get most of the stuff off my back and onto the sled! I'm coming from a 165 Axys to a 155 Matryx. I always ran a nice Sled Solutions bag on my Axys sleds and now I'm struggling to find the right combo? I'm leaning towards the large Burandt Bag but not 100% sure yet. I do however really like the new quick detach on these new style Burandt Bags.......well for now at least, hopefully it stays attached !!! LOL
The new lock n ride attachment has a very positive feeling click when it's attached on the posts. I've had no issues in ~2k miles.

Sled solutions handlebar bags are awesome if you need more storage. Also the matryx glove box is amazing for water bottles, gloves, etc.

Easy to get weight off your back these days!

Premium Features