• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 and '13 Update

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
Not Trying to be a d$&/ here but Those gears are not free, a lot of guys (not me luckily) have paid for those gears time and time again, it was just belts (at $200 or more) sliding across the table at the dealers instead of gears. Glad to see that cat is hopefully going to step up to the plate. It's going be good fellas

thats fine but my sled wasnt eating belts left and right, was it hard on them you bet. but compared to my dads sled which i piad for the gear down it out pulled mine with stock gearing. so i am gonna wait for some free gears and bring my sled in for other warranty work :)

rockymtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2010
gods country, bc
thats fine but my sled wasnt eating belts left and right, was it hard on them you bet. but compared to my dads sled which i piad for the gear down it out pulled mine with stock gearing. so i am gonna wait for some free gears and bring my sled in for other warranty work :)

I think U missed my point, even if cat gives us " free gears" most of he guys out there have already paid for the gears with the amount of $$ there have spent on belts. I did the 20 tooth top, and have posted on here about how happy I was with it. I have since done a c3 belt drive and chose to go with the 19/50 equivilant b/c I put a 3 incher on as well. But if it wasn't for the track I would of stayed with the 20/49. That being said, if anyone wants a 20 t op gear I have one kick'n around.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
nope i didnt miss your point. i am hoping for a free set for MY sled. im lucky and didnt have to do it to mine last year. i think my dealer had some 19/50 gearing that cat told him to put into trouble sleds. so we wait and see. i will know more after the 20th when he gets back. hopefully get the full gammet haha

Last edited:

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA

i have seen that and that doesn't say the new secondary is all we are going to get.
my dealer has been saying since last spring, cat has been telling him the kit will include new gears and chain. the secondary is new to the kit.
there was a thread here earlier showing the new gear kit.

i hope cat gets it all together soon and tells the dealers exactly what we will get, but most importantly gets them out so we can get them on our sleds before the snow flies:face-icon-small-dis

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
For the sake of the customers and the dealers sitting on the 2012-13 inventory I hope they indeed take care of their customers. A solid update would be good for everyone and could certainly help move some inventory.

-Stack

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
so my dealer texted me and told me what was going on.
this applies for 2012 models (as that is what i have)
"for 2012 pro climbs $149 secondary, they will have real cheap kits available for venting, gearing, one piece belt cover, 7 tooth driver kit. arctic cat swore they torchered a 2013 on a dyno temp controlled room. the biggest improvement was the new heat treated secondary, everything else listed helped also"
he also said they didnt have Part numbers or pricing yet on the other stuff.
So hope that clears the air for some. i will purchase a new secondary and such for myself.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
so my dealer texted me and told me what was going on.
this applies for 2012 models (as that is what i have)
"for 2012 pro climbs $149 secondary, they will have real cheap kits available for venting, gearing, one piece belt cover, 7 tooth driver kit. arctic cat swore they torchered a 2013 on a dyno temp controlled room. the biggest improvement was the new heat treated secondary, everything else listed helped also"
he also said they didnt have Part numbers or pricing yet on the other stuff.
So hope that clears the air for some. i will purchase a new secondary and such for myself.

Is this without a warranty?

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
yes that is for people with 2012 sleds with out warranty or with the cat care warranty. as far as i can figure
(kinda like the a-arm deal that came out i think)

D

DWT

Sep 28, 2010
Fairbanks
Thanks for the update leadfoot33.

My concern is that everyone is hearing something different. I was at my dealer last night and they are still waiting to hear from Cat. They know the update is coming, but still haven't received anything official on what it will or won't include.

Riding season starts early here in Alaska, Cat needs to get this finalized!

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
hey leadfoot33 was this howies you talked to?
no i dont deal with howies, poor service and such there i deal out of quesnel. brad is the fellas name company is called full throttle. way better pricing and way better service. and he doesnt bull**** ya when there is somthing wrong with the sleds.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
Thanks for the update leadfoot33.

My concern is that everyone is hearing something different. I was at my dealer last night and they are still waiting to hear from Cat. They know the update is coming, but still haven't received anything official on what it will or won't include.

Riding season starts early here in Alaska, Cat needs to get this finalized!
no problem DWT i was just as curious as the rest of you and wanted to know what the deal was. but of course things can change from now until the time they release the update.

ridegreeninsnow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2012
Prince George B.C.
no i dont deal with howies, poor service and such there i deal out of quesnel. brad is the fellas name company is called full throttle. way better pricing and way better service. and he doesnt bull**** ya when there is somthing wrong with the sleds.
I hear ya there man. I deal with riches saw sale in vanderhoof good guys too. going to talk to them tomorrow.thanks for the update buddy.

Premium Features