• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pc800 for 1100t

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
The 1100t made my PC800 look stupid stock for stock... It does need a vertical steering update. Sure looks soo heavy when its flying past you in a tree line... :face-icon-small-con

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I'm thinking of snow checking this year and not sure which would be the better one all around. What does everyone think?

Truckee Coastie

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2008
Truckee, CA
I am coming off an M1000 with all the goodies you could do without putting a turbo on and I love my new 1100T. It handles so much better then my old sled and the power is incredible. We do tree and hill climbing and though I only have two rides on it, in waist deep heavy snow I was wheeling, going uphill gaining speed. It feels very different than the old M, Im learning throttle controll to stay on turbo, so I am still getting use to it. I will never go back to a naturally asperated sled now. Everthing is a trade off, no one sled had it all but I couldnt be happier. Sorry I havent ridden the PC8 but wanted to share my thoughts. Good luck.

plumberdood

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Missoula MT
I like my m1100. Once you get used to controlling the throttle it is a great machine. We ride in the trees and hill climb. All I have done is a can and I'm getting the best of my buddies 860 Skidoo.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Very few people that make the change to a 4 stroke go back to a 2 stroke. There is a reason for that. As a dealer I have demos of both, and with both chassis the same I prefer my M1100. Stock to stock it's not close with 80% of riding anyone does. If you are a hard core Ramussen tree rider you should get an 800, it is 100lbs lighter. I've rode with Bret twice this year and he isn't doing the stuff he does on his M8 on a M1100.

No one ever leaves any sled stock so all things being equal the first couple grand of add ons with a 4s will get you a lot more bang for your buck than it does on a 2s. As the guys above are saying the biggest adjustment for new 4s riders isn't the weight, it's learning how to throttle a 4s, let alone a turbo. Once you get the hang of that it's tough to live without torque.:face-icon-small-win

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I do agree with most people that the 100 lbs more is a bad thing, but what i like is no power loss at altitude, no need for cat oil at $50 a gallon, can leave it stock and have all the power I would ever need and have a turbo and still have a warranty.

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.
quick question here............... i`m no turbo expert but was curious if you put a turbo on a PC800 does it still lose HP when climbing in elevation and does the torque on a 2 stroke react different then a 4 stroke ??

Truckee Coastie

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2008
Truckee, CA
turbo keeps hp on the two stroke. I have ridden both and the power feels very different. Two stroke power is up high in the rev's and the 4 pulls all the way from the bottom to the top.

S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC
i've traded with a few friends riding 800's and one 880, it felt like i was riding 500's , then had to work twice as hard to catch back up , to get my 1100 back, because they didn't want to get off it ,the difference is incredible, considering their sleds have tons of the best parts thrown at them , mine is stock other than a straight pipe , next weekend , It'll have the 3" track and the hijacker, NO MORE TEST RIDES FOR MY BUDDIES !!!!

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.
turbo keeps hp on the two stroke. I have ridden both and the power feels very different. Two stroke power is up high in the rev's and the 4 pulls all the way from the bottom to the top.

so being able to ride a 2 stroke turbo and owning a 1100 turbo you have felt and experianced the power delivery of both and considering the weight difference which would you say is the best all around sled?????

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
quick question here............... i`m no turbo expert but was curious if you put a turbo on a PC800 does it still lose HP when climbing in elevation and does the torque on a 2 stroke react different then a 4 stroke ??

On the first part of your question .... it depends. Some kits simply boost from ambient pressure and others boost to a predetermined manifold pressure setting. The manifold pressure method is basically how Cat is doing the 1100T and in my opinion the best way to do it.

On the ambient pressure system lets say you are going for 10 pounds of boost, as you gain altitude your ambient pressure is going to drop and therefore your power will drop even though you are still producing 10 pounds of boost.

At sea level the atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi
At 5,000 feet the atmospheric pressure is 12.2 psi
At 7,000 feet the atmospheric pressure is 11.3 psi
At 10,000 feet the atmospheric pressure is 10.1 psi

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Spent two days last week riding the 1100t in very deep snow. It was awesome, but this sled is not for everyone. If you are a good rider and over 200lbs and want the most power, it's for you. Makes my pro 800 and PC 800 look stupid climbing, it's really a monster. We tree rode/boondocked all day both days. I broke trail on the 1100t most of both days, it's an impressive sled. It is heavy and a little harder to work around, but the torque and HP are worth it. In the snow we were in the 800 2-strokes needed to be wot most of the time to get around, the 1100t was rarely full throttle. with the vert. steering post it will be awesome.

Truckee Coastie

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2008
Truckee, CA
9lives, Madmax said it perfectly. I am 255LBS and ride as much in the trees than I do climbing. No one sled does everything but for me coming off an modded M1000 (everthing but a turbo) this sled is night and day better in all areas. To get the same power out of the PC8 add 50lbs for the turbo set up and then the extra fuel. Listen I dont want to start a back and forth on 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke but the addes weight to a two stroke and the easy 25 pounds you take off the 1100 you not far off from one another. We ride from 6-9k' feet and though I only have two rides on it, I will never go back to non turbo or a two stroke. Thats how happy I am with this sled. Good luck.

Dec 22, 2007
PG. BC.
9lives, Madmax said it perfectly. I am 255LBS and ride as much in the trees than I do climbing. No one sled does everything but for me coming off an modded M1000 (everthing but a turbo) this sled is night and day better in all areas. To get the same power out of the PC8 add 50lbs for the turbo set up and then the extra fuel. Listen I dont want to start a back and forth on 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke but the addes weight to a two stroke and the easy 25 pounds you take off the 1100 you not far off from one another. We ride from 6-9k' feet and though I only have two rides on it, I will never go back to non turbo or a two stroke. Thats how happy I am with this sled. Good luck.

thanks truckee...... i'm the same size as you and i'm pretty confident that a snow checked 1100turbo is the way to go...... my 800xp just doesn't cut it anymore and was thinking the PC800 is gonna be the same unless i turbo it.
but you make a good point in the added weight of a turbo on a 2 stroke and like you said i don't want to have the debate about 2 and 4 strokes ..... just thinking that the 4 strokes power delivery might be a better choice for me and my size.....
thanks again for the real world input....... it makes it easier to understand the differences in the two..

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Great honest input so far and I thank you for that. Anyone else have anything else to add to this to make a little easier to decide? My dealer said to come see him in April and want to try and get all my research done before hand.

Premium Features