• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Mohawk skis

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Looks similar to the SLT keel, which is one of my favorite skis for most conditions....then some added width and shape for the deep.
I agree on the saddles....I may try the heavy duty saddles as the stock SLP tend to dent and then the rubber snubber squirts out or breaks. Anyone know if the competition saddle is a thicker or stronger material in this area?i

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Looks similar to the SLT keel, which is one of my favorite skis for most conditions....then some added width and shape for the deep.
I agree on the saddles....I may try the heavy duty saddles as the stock SLP tend to dent and then the rubber snubber squirts out or breaks. Anyone know if the competition saddle is a thicker or stronger material in this area?i

really simple to make from stock of aluminum channel. They will look just like the Mod,s saddle

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

It is the slt keel with a toned down or less aggressive powder pro added to it with traction nubs. I hear you on the saddle but have never tried the competition one because it was quite a bit heavier.

Y
Apr 22, 2008
Looks like papa Powder Pro and mama SLT got a real bad boy son! Interesting to see how alpine ski marketing got into snowmobiling. I have the competition saddle on both my PP and SLTs, always wondered if they messed up the flex pattern of the skis.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I like what they've done with this ski, I'll wait until Brew test and approves before I buy, always follow his advice cause he knows his chit. :face-icon-small-win

Winter Brew is very credible however the Wa. snow is Much Heavier than snow elsewhere. The SLT that seems to work very well for him dives like crazy in lite snow . They are very Narrow. Skis will be specific to the area rode

Last edited:
T

tpollon2

Dec 2, 2007
Calgary
Mavericks

Winter Brew is very credible however the Wa. snow is Much Heavier than snow elsewhere. The SLT that seems to work very well for him dives like crazy in lite snow . They are very Narrow. Skis will be specific to the area rode

they are wider than the Powder Pros

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They are about the same overall width as the powder pro. The bottom of the ski is wider and the upper wing is narrowed. The side runners, on the bottom, are way deeper. They are shorter heightwise. I could take a picture of the two but am to retarded to post it. They look like awesome skis.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
They are about the same overall width as the powder pro. The bottom of the ski is wider and the upper wing is narrowed. The side runners, on the bottom, are way deeper. They are shorter heightwise. I could take a picture of the two but am to retarded to post it. They look like awesome skis.

do they flex?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They say they are supposed to flex more but I don't see it. Like I said before they will be about as flexible as a powder pro. I have wrecked a powder pro and didn't hurt the a arm and have wrecked a gripper and wrecked the lower arm. The only ones I have seen that flexed much were the simmons skis and I consider them a trail ski. I havn't tried sly dog or any of the others. I have always ran slp powder pros or polaris grippers. Between christmas and trying to get concrete poured, I probably won't get to ride until after the first of the year. I think if you liked the powder pro you are going to love these but it was about $540ish shipped.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
They say they are supposed to flex more but I don't see it. Like I said before they will be about as flexible as a powder pro. I have wrecked a powder pro and didn't hurt the a arm and have wrecked a gripper and wrecked the lower arm. The only ones I have seen that flexed much were the simmons skis and I consider them a trail ski. I havn't tried sly dog or any of the others. I have always ran slp powder pros or polaris grippers. Between christmas and trying to get concrete poured, I probably won't get to ride until after the first of the year. I think if you liked the powder pro you are going to love these but it was about $540ish shipped.

Stating that a flexible ski took out an A arm simply not accurate . Just because you bent an A arm with a gripper thats not definable . A flexible ski absorbs energy, stiff skis transmit energy to the chassis. thats simply not even subjective. your crash damage was not caused by a flexible ski.. If the new ski is that stiff i will not entertain even trying them.I dont intend any dis respect but its important to really accurately identify the skis pluses and shortfalls.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Stating that a flexible ski took out an A arm simply not accurate . Just because you bent an A arm with a gripper thats not definable . A flexible ski absorbs energy, stiff skis transmit energy to the chassis. thats simply not even subjective. your crash damage was not caused by a flexible ski.. If the new ski is that stiff i will not entertain even trying them.I dont intend any dis respect but its important to really accurately identify the skis pluses and shortfalls.

I did damage because I hit a treeabout 6 inches in front of the spindle. I am with you on the flexible ski absorbing energy. Same as going through moguls. Takes some of the pounding out of it. Not arguing that point. All I am saying is just because you have a stiff ski doesn't mean you will wreck a arm and the ski is no good. If you hit close to the spindle they are all stiff there. If you hit on the tip that is where the flex comes in.

Premium Features