• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx Shredder ZRP Lift Spindles?

K
Not sure about the lynx but I now run the ZRP on my g5 after running the iceage for a month or so. After many calls with iceage and many excuses later I sold the iceage spindles and got the ZRP. Did the iceage make a difference? yes. Did they work as they should? I would say no. The poor initial design had very little ski rubber support on the rear of the spindle. Iceage said they really didn't see the issue but suggested using aftermarket ski rubbers. I am a big fan of Iceage products and really wanted them to come through. In the end they just were way to much money to not be perfect. Hope this helps. Im not sure if Iceage has fixed this issue yet but maybe they have.

S

SKIDOO EXPERT

Jan 17, 2023
Idaho
Not sure about the lynx but I now run the ZRP on my g5 after running the iceage for a month or so. After many calls with iceage and many excuses later I sold the iceage spindles and got the ZRP. Did the iceage make a difference? yes. Did they work as they should? I would say no. The poor initial design had very little ski rubber support on the rear of the spindle. Iceage said they really didn't see the issue but suggested using aftermarket ski rubbers. I am a big fan of Iceage products and really wanted them to come through. In the end they just were way to much money to not be perfect. Hope this helps. Im not sure if Iceage has fixed this issue yet but maybe they have.
Not sure when you called in but IceAge helped me out with an updated version they made! I thought the Lynx ski rubbers and skis from the factory were less than ideal just in stock form with factory spindle. IMO. I’ve ran the ZRP that my buddy had installed on his machine and found it had more undesirable ski pressure and steering effort than my elevate from IceAge. Riding them back to back was helpful.

S

SKIDOO EXPERT

Jan 17, 2023
Idaho
Did your buddy do the recommended rear suspension adjustments? If not they will have unwanted added ski pressure.
Yes, added preload to the front track shock on both. machines. Maybe it was the taller dimension and direct in line ski bolt positioning that made for the heavier steering on the Zrp version of the spindle.

K
ZRP recommended the loosen the limiter strap 1 hole, along with adding preload the the centre shock. Those two things made mine feel like stock ski pressure with way less feedback through the bars and sidehilling through old tracks much more stable

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I really wish Zbroz would have told me you had to buy their f*cking spindles to use their 34" front end kit without losing your turning radius ...

Premium Features