• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TPS or thottle cable problem?

P
Nov 26, 2007
Having an issue on m7. Sled was running good holding rpm on climbs etc and now have problem. Sled will run ok but cuts out once in a while, does this intermittently and sometimes will keep running other times will die, sometimes it will start back up and other times have to pull it over a few times with throttle wide open like it is flooded. Check engine light will flash but it is hard to count code (think it is 1 flash which is tps sensor) because it only does it once in a while. While trying to pull a hill sled will start out strong and then lose power and rpm like the fuel mapping is giving it more and more fuel. Did not change anything. Have heard that it could be throttle cable may be out of adjustment now, can this give a check engine code though? Thanks for any advise.

Y

yamacat800

Dec 10, 2007
I had pretty much the same problem your discribing and I also went straight to the TPS and what I found was the wires to the TPS had rubbed the insulation off the wires and they were grounding out on the frame. little black tape and some adjusting of the wires and I haven't had a problem since. Might be something to check.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the response, haven't tore into it yet but will double check wiring and grounds. Does anyone know if adjusting throttle cable tighter puts an advance on tps sensor and could mess up timing and fuel delivery. Not sure what specs are or if I can test signal on tps.

Premium Features