• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does the shorter 13/14 Front shocks improve the handling?

429dhm

Sep 29, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I was curious as to if the shorter front ski shocks on the 13/14 improve the handling over the longer 11/12?

With a shock upgrade in my future and the timbersled SR A-arm on sale would the 13/14 A-arms be worth upgrading when I order my new shocks.

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
There will no difference in handling, the shocks are different lengths to make up for how the new a-arms are made. I had my 12 and 13 sitting right next to each other and the ride height is exactly the same.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
:face-icon-small-hap
I was curious as to if the shorter front ski shocks on the 13/14 improve the handling over the longer 11/12?

With a shock upgrade in my future and the timbersled SR A-arm on sale would the 13/14 A-arms be worth upgrading when I order my new shocks.

I found that my 13 handles much better than my 11 did skis seemed to bite better,i don't know if it was the shocks or the arms but it does handle better.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
What is the size difference i2i? FWIW a little trick Tom Dines was doing was sending out new Fox Evols with .25" shorter than stock i2i's which puts a little more weight on the center track shock and allows for quicker ski release for countersteer. Made for a better handling mountain sled for sure!

Have FUN!

G MAN

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
What is the size difference i2i? FWIW a little trick Tom Dines was doing was sending out new Fox Evols with .25" shorter than stock i2i's which puts a little more weight on the center track shock and allows for quicker ski release for countersteer. Made for a better handling mountain sled for sure!

Have FUN!

G MAN

I ran shorter shocks last year and I think I prefer the full length shocks. The shorter shocks do make it a little more stable but for the way I ride, I prefer the tippier handling that the full length shocks provide. FWIW

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I ran shorter shocks last year and I think I prefer the full length shocks. The shorter shocks do make it a little more stable but for the way I ride, I prefer the tippier handling that the full length shocks provide. FWIW

What track length?

Premium Features