• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

extended warranty - should I?

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
When I bought my sled (2012 SBA) I managaed to convince the dealer to give me 5 years warranty for $500. It was the best thing I've ever done!!

Last season my sled spend 6 weeks in the dealer trying to fix the WOT bog. They changed out everything on the sled (as per polaris canada instructions) new injectors, stator, TPS, exhaust, ECU, base gasket, crank seals, fuel pump and filter, exhaust valves and soleniod, and finally a new engine. None of this fixed the problem and in the end the Trottle position sensor was the fix. But my dealer had over $12,000 in parts and labor put into the sled.

I never had to pay $1, I got to keep all the new parts as i put 100 miles on them testing the unit.

and to top it all off, after the sled was fixed they replaced my 2" track for free as they tore the old one up testing the unit on pavement.

IMO you cant go wrong with having extra warranty!!

So, did the throttle position sensor need to be replaced or adjusted?
My 12 pro had a slight bog at the end of the year and just wondering what you found on yours, sorry about the hyjack!

Thanks

Edit: how did you discover it was the TPS?

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
not reading through completely, so it's probably been said already, but your resale will benefit from extended warranty. If you're gonna trade it off, the dealer should be a little more willing to work with you since that's gonna provide incentive to buy from them to other customers.

R
Dec 1, 2009
So, did the throttle position sensor need to be replaced or adjusted?
My 12 pro had a slight bog at the end of the year and just wondering what you found on yours, sorry about the hyjack!

Thanks

Edit: how did you discover it was the TPS?

Sorry I wrote that wrong, the TPS was fine. The Throttle Saftey Swtich was what fixed the problem.

Polaris canada did not believe thats what fixed it and the dealer had to take videos of it not working with my throttler and of it working with the new one and send it in.

Premium Features