• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Clutching setup list

B
Dec 2, 2001
Billings, MT
Ride report coming...

Just finished installing the RKT torsion kit. install was easy, brand new 046 belt to run with it. Also shimmed the motor to the riders left to help alignment. Am running a 38/36 progressive with sno pro green and light inner compression spring. will be reporting after this weekend, though the snow looks like it will be spring conditions... :mad:

Excited to see how the clutching does.

Quick whats your thoughts on your clutch??

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
so far - only one ride on the kit. Tried it with the sno pro green spring and the inner compression spring with the 38/36 progressive helix. Was making a chit ton of belt heat and started pulling cords in less than 40 miles on a new belt as i think the compression spring was too much in combo with the sno pro green. so pulled the inner spring and ran her. Pulled harder and belt temps decreased, track speed increased and backshift was still good. was riding 1ft of soft slush so not a good comparison to what i had been riding, but the sled was an animal, even more so than before. I'm still fighting a belt eating issue that i think is an alignment problem. so once i figure that out, i can really say how much better i like the RKT kit. So far though, i am happy with it. Running one hole stiffer than center right now. Kelsey told me to back it off one or two more holes though w/ sno pro green spring. Was pulling 7700 rpms all day though. So she's close. Was passing XPs in a climb like they were at half throttle! :D

Y

yamazoom

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
so far - only one ride on the kit. Tried it with the sno pro green spring and the inner compression spring with the 38/36 progressive helix. Was making a chit ton of belt heat and started pulling cords in less than 40 miles on a new belt as i think the compression spring was too much in combo with the sno pro green. so pulled the inner spring and ran her. Pulled harder and belt temps decreased, track speed increased and backshift was still good. was riding 1ft of soft slush so not a good comparison to what i had been riding, but the sled was an animal, even more so than before. I'm still fighting a belt eating issue that i think is an alignment problem. so once i figure that out, i can really say how much better i like the RKT kit. So far though, i am happy with it. Running one hole stiffer than center right now. Kelsey told me to back it off one or two more holes though w/ sno pro green spring. Was pulling 7700 rpms all day though. So she's close. Was passing XPs in a climb like they were at half throttle! :D

What weights and primary spring are you running?

B
Dec 2, 2001
Billings, MT

Nice!! I thought that the inner spring would be to much.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Nice!! I thought that the inner spring would be to much.

I like the idea of the inner spring - but maybe with a softer spring. Is there a spring in between the sno pro green and the red/white? maybe the blue someone was talking about earlier. Perhaps combo those two would be something fun to try? the inner spring is pretty soft though. but it was enough to put the brakes to shift.

B
Dec 2, 2001
Billings, MT
I like the idea of the inner spring - but maybe with a softer spring. Is there a spring in between the sno pro green and the red/white? maybe the blue someone was talking about earlier. Perhaps combo those two would be something fun to try? the inner spring is pretty soft though. but it was enough to put the brakes to shift.

I run the SW Blue spring 130lbs vs. SPgreen 156lbs. I need to try the SP again this year with some of the changes I have made. I have been kicking around gearing down, But everything I have always done when adding HP's is gear up for the added HP's. Kinda torn.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
I run the SW Blue spring 130lbs vs. SPgreen 156lbs. I need to try the SP again this year with some of the changes I have made. I have been kicking around gearing down, But everything I have always done when adding HP's is gear up for the added HP's. Kinda torn.

i am in the same boat. Torn about the gear down. Can't decide. many report loving it - so i just don't know? As the rate i'm going through belts though, it maybe on my list of to do's.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
08 M1000 all stock
3 Arm clutch
046 belt
10-12k'
75 g Cat arm
Stk yellow white
Stock secondary

060 faster drag racing with reletively cold clutchs, wont hold rs hot.

I've found this EXACT thing... weird.. I run the EXACT same set up... gotta stick with the 046... Pulls like a train when its cold and the 060 however... but the 046 is better, allowing the sled to hold r's in the Rabbit Ears deep...

A

akholland

Feb 15, 2010
08 m1000 clutching

08 M1000 162 challenger
3 tower primary
speedwerx full pipe system
have a black speedwerx b5-h-165-310 spring that not using that I was thinking about running off my 4 tower that I pulled my setup off of. It engages 1000 rpm higher on the 07. not sure if i should keep my stock purple on the 08. lucky for me I cant use my speedwerx weights off the 07. I have stock 75 gram wieghts off the 07 but i think those are to light too for my 3 tower.. 85's it is for now. no cat shop on thanksgiving day. back to the bat cave

A

akholland

Feb 15, 2010
2008 M1000

2008 M1000
Stock Primary Spring (believe it's purple, cant remember exactly)
stock x3 85 gram weights
speedwerks pipe can and y pipe
162 track
PCV efi box
250 miles
Seeing about 7700 to 7800 rpm. fluxuates 100 to 200 rpm on pulls.

ordering 83.5 Y-2 speedwerks weights to try with my black h5 alloy spring to get the rpm down to 7500 to 7600

belts run hot as hell with current stock setup. always has even when new. Always been belt eater, one every ride to the mountain. 4 or 5 long pulls in a row and goodbye 046, ultimax xs, or 060. hoping ultimax honors their warranties :) one in the mail

MORE M1000 CLUTCHING PLEASE!!!

Premium Features