• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1995 Ski-Doo Summit 670 - $1200

R
1995 Ski-Doo Summit 670 - $999

Good running 1995 Summit 670. My wife's first sled, we're selling in order to upgrade to a longer track.

* Rotax 670 motor pulls strong. I swear this feels like it pulls harder than my RMK 800. Probably not, but it's still impressive. These rotary valve motors have the reputation of running forever if left in stock form (this one is completely stock.)

* Camoplast 1.75" paddle track. The stock 1.5 track was in sorry shape, so I got a used 136x2" paddle from a snowester and slapped it on. Unfortunately, the S2000 chassis won't accomodate a 2" without dropping and rolling the chaincase, so I opted to trim it down to a 1.75 and I'm pleased with the result. The paddles are still in good shape.

* New(ish) seat cover, still soft and not cracking. Has one repaired seam in the back, wouldn't notice unless you know it's there.

* Reliable - I've always been able to start this sled in a couple pulls. It has a primer, not a choke, so some care has to be taken to not flood it - but usually a couple squirts and you're off and running, even on very cold days. In fact, it started on FIRST PULL last week after sitting since March. I guess it pays to properly winterize.

* HAC bypassed. For those who don't know, Rotax motors of this vintage had a High Altitude Compensator that was supposed to adjust the mixture to compensate for changes in altitude. However, this part occasionally fails and is expensive to replace so on this sled it has been bypassed and the carbs are jetted for running in the mountains (6-8K feet or so).

* Handy cargo rack, holds a gas can or lunch.

* Tunnel spikes. (WTF?) I was tired of sliding around on the footboards, so I used pop rivets to add some traction. Works better than you might imagine. ;)

* Less than 100 miles on new belt.

* Sway bars chopped for powder riding

* 27XX miles

That's about it...here's the short list of negatives that I'm aware of:

-Couple of the windshield mounting tabs are snapped off, it has a zip tie holding down one side. Works fine.

-I don't love how it handles in powder, it takes more effort to hold a carve than I'd like. I hear this is due to the S2000 chassis, so there's probably not a lot you can do about it, although risers would undoubtably help some.

-The starter pulls HARD, as in it takes a man and a boy to pull the starter cord. Apparently the pre-97 recoil starters were smaller diameter than later models, so it's tough to pull. Not a problem for me, but your 16-year-old daughter isn't going to like it. Putting on one of the newer recoils can fix this.

-No key. Doesn't bother me, one less thing to lose.

-No title. In WY we don't need one to get our sticker, if you're out of state look into the ramifications of that.

That's all that I'm aware of. I'm trying to be 100% honest about what the sled is and isn't, if that turns you off too bad. I'd rather have you get exactly what you're looking for even if it's not my sled. :)

Overall, this is a great little sled for not a lot of money. It's largely stock, and should be a pull-and-go reliable sled for a long time to come.

DELIVERY: I'm willing to deliver within 100 or so miles, for $30 plus gas money. Or you can pick up here in Cody for free.

Was $1200 now:
$999

IMG_5744.jpg IMG_5748.jpg IMG_5751.jpg IMG_5761.jpg IMG_5752.jpg IMG_5745.jpg IMG_5756.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features